food

Slimming World Pancake Recipe

Thursday, March 10, 2016

Pancakes are simply amazing and if you've seen my Instagram feed recently you must be thinking "this girl literally lives on pancakes" (and curry). You wouldn't be too far from the truth in all honesty and if pancakes were good for you, how many of us would eat them everyday? I'll let you in on a little secret.... Pancakes can be good for you if they're cooked with the right ingredients. Not only that, but you can lose weight whilst eating them. Yes you heard me correctly. 

Over the last 2 months, I have gradually lost 10lbs of christmas weight by sticking to Slimming World as much as I can. I absolutely love cooking all of my meals from fresh anyway, so Slimming World is really easy and manageable for me. Now onto the most important part: My Slimming World Pancake Recipe!


These are so simple to make and after LOTS of regular practice I have mastered the art of the Healthy Pancake.

Here are the ingredients that you will need;
- 2 Medium Eggs
- 1 small pot of fat free Vanilla Yoghurt
- 35g of Porridge Oats (I usually use Jumbo Oats)

This may sound a little strange if you're used to regular pancakes with Flour and Milk, since this recipe contains neither, but humour me on this one.



How to make them

Step 1
Add all of the above ingredients into a blender (I use my Breville Blend Active) and gently pulse until the ingredients are mixed, but the porridge oats are still a little rough in texture.

Step 2
Spray a large non stick frying pan with fry light (because fry light is freeeee on slimming world). Gently heat, until it starts to bubble.

Step 3
Pour in the mixture and cook on a low heat for a few minutes.

Step 4
After lots of practice on these pancakes I have discovered it's easier to put this under the grill for a few minutes to cook the top side rather than trying to flip it. If you are a master chef then of course you can keep your eye on the pancake until it's ready to flip. If you're a bit of an 'anything for an easy life' person like me then stick it under the grill for a few minutes until it's lightly browned.

Step 5
Once I have had the pancake under the grill for a couple of minutes it's then more manageable to try and flip it if you like. Cook both side until you get the desired colour/level of cooking and then you are done!


This recipe creates pancakes that I think are quite similar to American style Pancakes as they are thicker and fluffier than regular ones.

If you are using the Porridge Oats as a healthy extra, then this recipe is absolutely free of syns. Literally, not a syn in sight. Unless of course, you are a Nutella addict like me. You can add as much fruit on the side as you like, and this really is a filing meal. I often have this for my lunch with plenty of chopped banana and strawberries on the side to fill me up and I absolutely love it. 

I've experimented with dropping Blueberries into the mixture whilst it's cooking which is also delicious but you can experiment with this as you wish. You could create a few smaller ones and make an American style pancake stack as a pose to making one large one as I have. The possibilities are endless and I'd love to see what you create with this recipe so please let me know if you do.

There we have it. KatieLewLa's secret to losing weight eating pancakes (and nutella) more often than is usually considered healthy. I strongly recommend that you try them.

If you like this post, let me know and I might have to write some more foodie posts and check out;

Follow

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. These pancakes look amazing wow! I'm hungry now aha
    Paula | www.namelessgap.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are amazing, in more ways than one. Let me know if you make them :) xx

      Delete
  2. I still need to try this after you gave me the recipe last time! I wish I understood slimming world and how healthy extras and what not work! It's all lost on me! These look absolutely gorgeous though... and well done on the weight loss!

    Samantha xo | www.blendedtoperfection.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly Samantha, PM me on twitter & I'll give you some tips :) xxx

      Delete

Follow my Twitter