hair

Pastel Pink Hair - La Riche Directions Review | KatieLewLa

Saturday, March 23, 2013

 Hellooooo.

As you've probably noticed I'm growing my hair out and trying my hardest not to cause it any more damage. However, I'm finding it a little boring at the moment so I thought I'd liven things up a little!

Yesterday my hair colour arrived in the post which I'd ordered from ebay (ebay addict). I was suuuuuper excited to try it so I got on with it straight away.

Pastel Pink Hair La Riche Directions Review

I'm really impressed with how it's turned out. I wasn't expecting miracles as my hair isn't really light blonde/white enough for the colour to be really strong. But you can see the difference it has made in my photo above :)

I used a La Riche Directions semi permanent Hair dye in the shade Pastel Pink.
1. I washed my hair using a gentle shampoo
2. I towel dried my hair
3. I parted my hair right down the middle so it was in two sections
4. Using a colouring brush I brushed the hair colour onto the ends of my hair
5. Once I had covered all of my ends I rubbed it through my hair using my hands, making sure that it was all covered quite thick
6. I left this for approximately 30 minutes (whilst I had my dinner and watched vampire diaries)
7. I then got the remaining colour and combed it through my hair from the mid lengths to blend it and create a subtle ombre look
8. After leaving this for a further 10 minutes I hopped into the shower to wash it off.

It states that this is conditioning so I didn't use any conditioner after washing it out and it left my hair feeling quite soft and moisturised. 

I really am quite impressed and I like it :) I'm not a pink kind of girl, I refuse to wear anything pink. However this pastel colour isn't too pink for me, it's subtle and easily changeable which I love.

Pastel Pink Hair La Riche Directions Review

What do you think? Any other colour recommendations whilst I'm feeling a bit of a wild child! 

Hope you enjoy.



You Might Also Like

27 comments

  1. you so pretty, love your hair <3

    www.boldinballerinass.blogspot.co.uk

    Kamila

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! I'm determined to go pink as I love pink hair so much but being a dark brunette I'm having to bleach my hair (currently a nice brassy yellow, not a good look!). It's good to see it's worked well over hair that isn't ridiculously light!

    gingerbreadbuttons.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooooh I've been through that as well :( not a good look is it hehe xx

      Delete
  3. Super cute! I love how subtle it is and not mega bright and in your face. I dyed the ends of my extensions pink (very similar to yours here) because I'm not allowed to have certain colours in my hair for work~ D:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that's boring isn't it hehe I love that it's not too bright too, and does zero damage to my hair :) win win xx

      Delete
  4. It looks lovely!

    http://j4miejohnston.blogspot.co.uk/

    Jamie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so good, love it! x

    www.beths1986.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it so much I've ordered some more hehe xx

      Delete
  6. So cute! xx

    http://leishaaxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww you're so beautiful! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! That's an amazing colour.

    ellie | mantrapixie | x

    ReplyDelete
  9. it looks great on you :)

    http://lizlovesmakeupx3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks fab :)
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. the pastel looks so pretty!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc // youtube

    ps. enter my new giveaway to win the ice neon or fruit pastel collection by models own! click here.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww it looks lush! It'll be so nice when we get a bit of sunshine xx

    Lucy Loves To Blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous! Love the colour! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it! Looks gorgeous.

    Laura-Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This look really suits you! So cute :)

    Natasha Carly x
    Pretty Little Lives

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey,this looks super cool! Did this colour ever faded out to an orangey shade(even when using other products except for pastel pink by directions)?
    I have light brown hair with medium bleached ends/highlights but not white at all,do you think it will work for me if I apply it only on the bleached hair(as I want something light and discreet)?
    And lastly,how long did it take for the dye to wash out completely and go back to blonde?Did it stain your hair,did you have to bleach your hair again?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey, your hair looks beautiful! How long did the coulor stay in?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh this is gorgeous! I'm definitely going a similar dip dye to this! Xx

    ReplyDelete

Follow my Twitter