beauty

Small March Makeup Haul | Boots

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

I've been feeling a little unenthused about some of my makeup products recently, namely my eyebrow products and under eye concealer. I was having a browse through boots and picked up a few little bits to try and brighten me up again and make me happier with those problem areas of my makeup routine, and here's what I purchased.

beauty products from boots

This is the only item which is a repurchase but it's a concealer that I love and use everyday. Unfortunately more recently I've been feeling a little disappointed with applying this concealer to my under eyes. Although it has coverage power like no other, I find it a little dry and it starts to sit in any creases under my eyes which isn't an attractive look. I'm also enjoying looking very bright and highlighted and since this is a very matte finishing concealer with no highlighting properties, I've been sticking to using it for blemish and redness coverage only. Despite feeling I want something different under my eyes at the moment, I do strongly recommend this concealer if you want high coverage. If you see my minimal makeup looks on Instagram you'll know that I'm not a regular foundation wearer but the reason I can still make my face look pretty flawless is because of this. Sometimes I even buff it in lightly all over my face to give me good coverage without a foundation and it does the job perfectly.

I've been looking for a brightening under eye concealer recently, and after watching a video by Pixiwoo and hearing her recommend this Concealer, I was sold. I picked this up in the shade light as the nude was quite orangey and so far I am quite impressed. There are no creases in sight and although the coverage isn't as heavy as the Collection lasting perfection concealer it benefits from a highlighting effect which takes the concealing abilities up a notch. It certainly does brighten my under eyes and I have also been using this to highlight down my nose and across my forehead. The consistency isn't nearly as thick as concealers I have been using under my eyes previously so it's not as dry and doesn't crease, even with prolonged wear. Win win!

Every brown brow product I have used of mine recently seems to leave me with an orangey brown tinge that totally clashes with the colour of my brows. Clearly my eyebrows are a cool tone of brown and the warmer shades just clash completely so I went on the hunt for a cool toned brown eyebrow pencil, that would leave me without orange tones. Introducing the Maybelline Brown Satin Duo. This product has caught my attention a few times but I'd never actually made the purchase. Well this time, I did! I purchased this product in Dark Brown and I am very happy with the colour and overall application. The shade of brown is very cool toned and a sort of taupe shade which is perfect for me. On one end of the product you have a brow pencil which can easily create natural looking brow strokes and on the other end is a powder applicator to fill in the colour of your brows. The only thing missing is a setting gel but I'm happy going over my brows afterwards with the Maybelline Brow Drama Sculpting Mascara in transparent to set them into place.

real techniques miracle complexion sponge beauty blender

The final purchase I made was the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge. A week or so ago I made my first beauty sponge purchase and that was the budget W7 power puff face blender sponge. I didn't want to spend a great deal on my first one because I wasn't sure if I'd prefer it to my makeup brushes and although I was disappointed with the W7 version I wanted a better alternative. The real techniques miracle complexion sponge has taken my whole makeup routine up a notch and given it a fresh new appearance that I didn't realise I could achieve. Using this sponge gives my makeup such a flawless, airbrushed, dewy appearance and it is so easy to use. I'm actually in love with this makeup sponge and I plan to write a post comparing the two different sponges that I have purchased.

If you're looking to up your makeup game a bit then maybe you could try some of these products or if you'd like to recommend any other alternatives then I'm happy to hear them.

Here is a list of the product links that I have purchased.

Follow

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow my Twitter