hair

Bleach London Silver Shampoo and Conditioner Review

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Good evening everyone, hope you're all enjoying your weekend.

Over the last week or so I've been posting some of my favourite products for those of you with blonde hair. So far we've had;

FUDGE CLEAN BLONDE REVIEW | KEVIN MURPHY BLONDE ANGEL REVIEW

and

Bleach London reincarnation mask review

Today is going to be a Shampoo & Conditioner that can be used on a more regular basis without the worry of leaving your hair with a violet tinge. That is the Bleach London Silver Shampoo & Conditioner. Yes we're back with Bleach London!


Bleach London Silver Shampoo and Conditioner Review, bleach london, boots, silver shampoo, violet toning, moisturising, hydrating, blonde, haircare, hair care,

The first time I had my hair lightened this year was in April, only a couple of days before I was lucky enough to be going on holiday to Egypt for 10 days. You hear these horror stories about bleach and chlorine not mixing well together and people's lovely blonde hair turning green. I did not want that to happen so I rushed off to boots to find a gentle violet toning shampoo & conditioner. I'd used the provoke touch of silver shampoo & conditioner before and didn't particularly rate it as I found it quite drying, so I was quite happy to spend a little more on something more luxurious. That's when I first came across the Bleach London range. Am I the only one guilty of having a quick google of product reviews before buying a product? There I was in boots googling these items to see what other bloggers thought of them and it only took a few rave reviews for me to be convinced to try them and at £5 per bottle it wasn't a massive splurge on my behalf.

I was unsure of how pigmented they would be and whether it would be safe to use them everyday whilst on holiday after being in the pool, sea and sun so I took another shampoo (just in case). So firstly, the shampoo. It wasn't the best latherer I've ever come across so I did find myself using a little extra shampoo than I normally would. Having said that it felt quite gentle on my hair and didn't strip it of natural moisture. I didn't find it particularly hydrating but at the same time it didn't dry out my hair, it seemed quite neutral. It definitely isn't as pigmented as the Fudge Clean Blonde Shampoo that I reviewed here which is why I feel it's safer to use more regularly but it certainly leaves your hair feeling clean, fresh and brass free.

The conditioner was really the one that pleased me more. It isn't very dark in pigment in comparison to others I've used, so again I feel it's safer for every day use as a pose to a weekly violet toning treatment. One complaint I do have is that the product isn't particularly easy to get out of the bottle, however once you get passed the hand bashing action required to get a decent sized blob you'll realise it's worth it. The conditioner doesn't feel particularly creamy and luxurious in your hand but once it's been left on your hair for a few minutes you'll begin to realise how effective it is. I always comb my hair through in the shower with a wide toothed comb once I've got conditioner on, and this made it so easy to manage. When washing it out, I could feel how soft it was leaving my hair without leaving it feeling weighed down or greasy.

Since I was without a hairdryer and straighteners on holiday I went Au natural for 10 days so I can't comment on how my hair felt after heat and styling. However my hair dried into frizz free curls and felt really smooth to touch, so smooth in fact that I don't think styling it would have gone down too well since it was so soft. In conjunction with each other, the shampoo and conditioner really seem to work and there wasn't a touch of green or purple in sight. Only soft, bouncy, ashy blonde curls. I was very impressed with this shampoo & conditioner and although I am using others at the moment this is one that I will definitely go back to in the future.

Let me know what your favourite products are for blonde hair :)

Coming next is a new styling product for blonde hair, so watch this space Blondie's!



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow my Twitter