beauty

Minimal Makeup Look | 10 Products

Sunday, March 06, 2016

Recently I posted a picture of my minimal makeup look on Instagram and some of you have said you would like to see how I achieved this look and what products I used. I'm not particularly a lover of heavy, dramatic makeup, so minimal, natural makeup looks are something that I do more often than not. I literally have such a pea head, that the more makeup I apply, the more and more hideous I start to look. Seriously. Minimalistic is the way to go for me and I love experimenting with different products.


Here is the look featured on Instagram and as you can see it is very natural. All it takes me is about 15 minutes so it's perfect for lazy days, school, work days or any other day when you don't want to appear over done.

Here are the products I used and I have listed them in order of application.


Apply a moisturising primer to the entire of your face to give it a brighter, dewy appearance. I'm using the Laura Mercier Foundation Primer (even though I'm not using any foundation with this look). I love this primer as it applies so smoothly, leaves my skin feeling a little more moisturised and looking dewy for the day. A little really does go a long way so this primer would last you a long time.

Next I apply concealer in a downwards triangle under my eye, around my nose and covering any imperfections or areas of redness. I blend in all of the concealer using either a makeup brush or sponge. Of course I am using a cult classic that I use pretty much every single day. Literally nothing beats it's coverage power for me. 

I originally bought this Concealer for my under eye dark circles, however I find it too drying to use there so now I use it as more of a highlighter. I apply this concealer down my nose, on my cupids bow and a little on my chin and blend with either my Real Techniques buffing brush or a makeup sponge.

H&M Bronzing Powder
Next I take a big powder brush and apply this bronzer close to my hairline along the top of my forehead, a little down my nose and across my cheeks where the sun would naturally catch me. I also apply it along my jawline and blend it subtly down my neck. I've tried many bronzers but this one has always stayed my favourite. It doesn't break me out, it's so affordable and it does the job perfectly.

I'm in a sort of love/hate relationship with this highlighter at the moment as I find the highlighting pigments a bit too course and large. Having said that, it really is eye catching and highlights to an extreme that I've never seen with any other budget highlighter. I apply this in a C shape around my temples to the tops of my cheeks, lightly down my nose, cupids bow and also in the corner of my eyes. Like I said, this is extremely pigmented, so use sparingly.

Topshop Cream Blush
Using a small stippling brush, I apply the toyshop cream blush in Head Over Heels lightly to the apples of my cheeks. Head over Heels is a lovely coral pink colour and it looks so natural and dewy so it's perfect for this look.

Next up I curl my eyelashes using the Shu Uemura eyelash curlers. As I've said previously, I don't think that these eyelash curlers are any better than my H&M bargain ones but I feel obliged to use them every now and then since I paid considerably more for them. Note: Always, always always curl your eyelashes before you apply mascara otherwise you'll find yourself pulling out a lot of eyelashes.

I'm pretty sure I've said before that I love this mascara for natural fluttery eyelashes. It's perfect for creating feathery, volumous eyelashes without any clumping at all and that is why I love it soooooo much! Apply one coat of this to the top and bottom of your eyelash to get perfect natural looking eyelashes.

Next I follow up with the L'Oreal Brow Artiste Eyebrow Pencil and I choose this pencil for this look simply because they're super easy and fast to use because it's 3 in 1. I simply brush my lashes downwards so that I can see the natural shape and I define it with gentle strokes/lines using this pencil. I then brush them back upwards and do the same underneath. My eyebrows are pretty dark and thick anyway, so I don't need to do a great deal to them. I then use the clear wax end of the pencil to set my eyebrows in place. Viola.

Last but not least - I am trying so hard to look after my lips better recently - I apply the Nivea Hydro Care Lip Balm and I choose this because it contains SPF 15 which is particularly important when caring for lips. This just injects a bit of moisture and leaves my lips with a slight shine to add to my overall dewy look.


And that's it. Like I said quick, easy, minimal and perfect. I really like this look for relaxing days when my appearance isn't my priority. It is strange actually for me to skip eyeliner in a makeup routine, as I always find eyeliner makes my eyes pop and love using it. Surprisingly I didn't miss it all that much when I created this look and I didn't find I looked too bad or feel lost without it. No eyeliner withdrawal symptoms here.

The products that I used are obviously just what I have to hand, but you can easily change these up for similar products to get the same/similar overall minimal look.

Let me know if you create a similar look as I'd love to see your take on it. Please tag me on Instagram or Twitter with your photos and I'll happily retweet :)

Follow

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow my Twitter