beauty

Bargain Blushers | Natural Collection

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Blushers are a makeup product that I'm not too fussy about it terms of price. I don't need a high end blusher to make me happy and I think budget blushers can be just as good as their high end alternatives. The thing I love most about these bargain blushers is that I can probably buy about 10 for the price of one high end blusher and then I can experiment easily with different colours and find what suits me.


Bargain Blushers from Boots

I have two different shades of the Natural Collection Blushed Cheeks and I think the question is, why don't I have more? At only £1.99 per blusher, these little beauties are an absolute bargain wouldn't you agree? Especially when boots have 3 for 2 offers on and you can get 3 different blushers for just short of £4. Amazing. The colour range isn't massive as unfortunately there are only 6 shades and these are quite limited to pinky tones. It would be absolutely amazing if Natural Collections Blushed Cheeks experimented with peach tones as well as pink.

The shades I have are; Rosey Glow (shown on the left swatch) and Peach Melba (shown on the right swatch). 

Swatches of Natural Collection Rosey Glow and Peach Melba Blushers

Application
I can't begin to explain how silky smooth the Natural Collection Blushed Cheeks are. If you run your fingers across the blusher you'll notice that they have a real velvety texture and they apply as a matte blusher. I love using matte blushers when I am teaming it with highlighter because I don't want too much of a highlighted area, and these prevent that from happening. The colours aren't hugely impressive on the pigment front, however they are buildable, and you'll find your makeup brush picks up the colour fairly easily. If you're like me and prefer quite a subtle blush colour then these will be right up your street. As you can see on the swatch above, both Rosey Glow and Peach Melba are quite natural colours which fit in perfectly with my preferred minimal/natural makeup looks recently.

If paired with a good makeup primer and foundation, these blushers have pretty impressive staying power. When I am using them on minimal makeup days (quite often) they tend not to last as long because I don't wear foundation and therefore the colour doesn't really have anything to grab onto. If you are using them without foundation then I still advise applying a primer beforehand to give them a better chance at lasting. Generally for £1.99, I cannot complain at all about the quality of these blushers and I recommend that you try them.



silly soft, velvety, matte blushes from boots

If you haven't experimented much with Blushers or are just looking for a budget one that is of good quality, then look no further. I've tried quite a number of budget blushers and these by far come out on top for me. I'd just like to point out that you could by the whole set of Natural Collection Blushed Cheeks for just short of £12 if you wish. Now, when you could spend that much on one high end blusher, why wouldn't you be tempted? These silky, matte, natural blushers are perfect for the budget beauty lovers amongst us. They certainly suit my needs.

Let me know what your favourite Bargain Blushers are in the comments below and don't forget to follow me via BlogLovin' so that you never miss a post!


Follow

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Gosh I forget at how inexpensive Natural Collection is! These are an absolute bargain for the price and look gorgeous. I use one of their eye shadows, walnut, I think as a contour shade - amazing!


    Parie x
    classandglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really, never thought of doing that. If the shades right for you then I guess it doesn't matter what product it is lol x

      Delete
  2. Have been using Natural Collection's concealer for years (it's the only one pale enough to match my skin tone). Such an underrated brand, will have to test out these blushers now as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are indeed, and so so so affordable x

      Delete
  3. I love Natural Collection, I have one of their lipsticks and they're great for the price xx
    Glossy Boutique

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never actually tried their lipsticks. Maybe I ought to x

      Delete
  4. Rosey Glow is my all time favourite blush! Their other products are great too, I have one of their bronzers that is just lovely and a lipstick that is so soft and moisturising but opaque too!

    They definitely need more people talking about their products!

    Nicole | nicolelaurenblake.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Follow my Twitter