beauty

March Empties | Quite a few favourites

Sunday, March 20, 2016

This month I've finished quite a few products, most of which are favourites of mine that I will be repurchasing, so I thought I'd share them with you. I have way too many bottles filling my bathroom shelves, cupboards, drawers and so on so forth, therefore it's rather satisfying when I use some things up and de-clutter a little. The down side to it is, that if I've really enjoyed a product, then I'll want to repurchase it and then re-clutter my shelves, cupboards, drawers and so on so forth! Vicious circle really isn't it.

Anyway, on with the meaty stuff!

some of my favourite beauty and hair products

I only wash my hair 2/3 times a week at most so Dry Shampoo is something I am always stocked up on and going through like it's going out of fashion! Batiste is my absolute favourite. I have tried others, such as CoLab Dry Shampoo, Superdrug Dry Shampoo etc etc but I always come back to Batiste because in my opinion it really does the best job. I don't particularly mind which scent I use, it differs each time I repurchase one (depending what mood I'm in). I think my favourite is the tropical scent because it reminds me of summer holidays, but sometimes I like to go for a sweeter scent like Sweetie here (and the packaging of this one is so cute). If you're looking for a good dry shampoo then go straight for Batiste, I doubt that you'll be disappointed. I do have another review of the Batiste Dry Shampoo in comparison to Superdrugs version here - Dry Shampoo Reviews

I am so sad that this candle has come to an end because it made my bedroom smell like an old fashioned sweetie shop. I bought this whilst me and my partner were camping up and down the UK in the summer last year. I went into a little gift shop in Somerset that was swarming with Lily-Flame Candles and I could resist repeatedly taking off lids and breathing in the lovely aromas. I knew I had to buy one and this was my absolute favourite. It literally smells like a packet of Rhubarb and Custard sweets - mouthwatering and amazing! I loved it so much that I wrote a full review about it here - Lily-Flame Rhubarb Candle Review

Do you ever have one of those experiences when you run out of your favourite cleanser and think "I have so many other cleansers to use up so I'll use those before I repurchase this one again". BIG MISTAKE! I only ran out of this a week ago and went on to using something else and in the space of a few days I came out with about 3/4 cystic spots and I deeply regret not repurchasing Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser straight away! Safe to say I have now rushed out and bought a new one to calm my skin down again. The difference it has made already is quite astonishing and my cystic acne has calmed down and nearly gone. Phew! Never again will I let myself run out of this without an immediate replacement. Read my full glowing review of the Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser here.

batiste dry shampoo, lil-flame candle tin, cetaphil gentle skin cleanser

I mentioned this particular edition of the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish in my January Favourites because I really enjoyed the tingly feeling it gave my skin when I used it as a sort of face mask. Cleanse and Polish is another product that I am always stocked up on and I like to alternate it with my Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser. The cleanse and polish really is the master of removing makeup, as it so easily removes all makeup including waterproof eye makeup without any difficulties. I often use this first to remove all of my makeup and then give my skin a second cleanse with Cetaphil. I love how natural this product is, how easy to dispense it is, the creamy consistency and just everything about it basically. If you're looking for a natural skin cleanser that has super strength makeup removal powers then look no further.

I feel like I have been seriously promoting this stuff recently and quite simply that is because I love it and can't recommend it enough for blondies. It is my absolute favourite violet toning shampoo and nothing else I've used even compares to it. The pigment in this is quite strong but that's how I like it and I find it really moisturising which is something most other Violet toning shampoos lack. I don't like to settle for an average shampoo just for it's violet toning properties so I'm so happy that this has all the perks of a great shampoo plus the ability to banish brassiness from my blonde hair. Read a more in depth review of the Fudge Clean Blonde Shampoo here - Fudge Clean Blonde Review.

I love the majority of scents from the body shop shower products and this one is no exception. I received the frosted cranberry body polish in a set for christmas with a shower gel and shower puffy. Safe to say that the frosted cranberry shower gel was used very soon after christmas whereas the body polish (which I don't use as often - maybe once a week) has only just seen its end. The fragrance is a really fresh and quite sharp cranberry scent which reminds me of christmas and festive spices. I like this body polish in particular because it lathers up and can be used in place of a shower gel when you need an extra scrub to brighten up your skin and remove dry patches/dead skin. I doubt that I will repurchase this product because there are other scrubs I prefer using, however I did enjoy it - particularly the scent - and maybe next christmas I will be blessed with it once again.

fudge clean blonde shampoo, liz earle cleanse and polish limited edition pink pepper and mint

There we have it, my March empties - most of which I am very sad to see gone. I have already purchased the majority of these items because I love them so much and they are regulars in my shower/haircare routines. Although I am not repurchasing the Lily-Flame candle, (because I literally have a stockpile of candles) I do love the brand and the variety of candles they have, so it's definitely one I'll consider buying from in the future. The second product I won't repurchase is the Body Shop frosted cranberry body polish but I am always using body shop products and I like to try different things from their shower range, so no hard feelings there. I honestly recommend all of these products which is probably quite surprising for an empties post but that's why I felt inspired to write this post in the first place because there were so many products that I loved here. 

Let me know if you try any of these products or if you have a love/hate relationship with them yourself.

Here are the links for all of the products I have mentioned above;

Follow

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow my Twitter