lifestyle

Introduction & Bedroom Post

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Hellooooo :)

It occurred to me the other day that since I started writing my blog I've never really introduced myself to my readers which is usually a good place to start isn't it? Since I'm not particularly great at talking about myself I've decided to do a quick introduction (better late than never i suppose) & then go onto my Bedroom Post. I thought this would be a nice way for me to introduce myself without having to talk about myself too much. A bedroom says a lot about a person I think. So lets hop to it!

My name is Katie as you've probably already discovered. I'm 22 years old and I am training to become a Dramatherapist on the MA Course at The University of Derby. I'm not a very 'pink' girly girl but I do love beauty products, hair, make-up, nails and collecting pretty things (which I'm sure you'll notice when you see my room pictures). I have a boyfriend/partner (whichever tickles your fancy) of approximately 3 and a half years (whose counting?). I have a BA Honours degree in Performance & Professional Practice and I have loved, singing, dancing & acting from quite a young age. Unfortunately I don't dance anymore as the cost was too much when I started university but I do still enjoy singing in my spare time. I have a YouTube channel with a few Song Covers if you want to have a peek. Click HERE! 

I think thats about all I can think to say at the minute. Any questions I've unanswered please feel free to ask in the comments :)

                           Soooo... Onto my bedroom tour (the fun part).                              

bedroom post, katielewla

I've had this door sign since I was about 10 when i had a Bubblegum Bods bedroom. Does anyone else remember the Bubblegum Bods?


As I mentioned earlier I love collecting pretty things such as Butterflies, Dragonflies, hanging hearts, candles, fairy lights, dream catchers, wind chimes (anything that catches my eye). In some peoples opinions it may look cluttered and a little excessive but to me it's perfect.


Sorry that the lighting isn't too great.


Sunflowers are my favourite flower & pretty                  I love to save things that have happy memories.
much the only flower I'll ever ask for.























A couple more of a my pretty hanging things <3 


This is where the magic happens in a morning. Transforming me from a half-asleep, worse for wear looking snuggle princess to a presentable young lady :) I hope hehe! I am a bit of an organisation freak with my sticky labels and lists here there and everywhere, my friends often point this out to me and make fun (what are friends for ay?).



Feast your eyes on a few of my storage methods. Just keeps things looking a bit tidier if they're hidden away or stored in baskets don't you think? Although I would be lying if I told you my room was always this tidy. My mum will be very proud if she looks at this post :)

My book shelf is getting a bit ridiculous..... A friend of my partners family passes me books she's read but she passes them to me a lot faster then I can get through them. Some of them I've already read but I just can't part with them for some straaaange reason. Does anyone else suffer this?


So I think thats about it. I feel I've shared a little corner of my life with you that is my bedroom. I hope you've enjoyed this post, it's a bit different to what I usually write but as I've found with reading other peoples blogs, its nice to know a little bit about the star behind the making of it.

Hope you've enjoyed reading as much as I've enjoyed writing :)






You Might Also Like

20 comments

  1. Love that you have Tinker bell bedsheets haha! Your room is so cute! And I am also subscribed to you on Youtube and you have an amazing voice! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some people just never grow up ay.... haha
      Aaaww thank you :) i subscribed to you yesterday i think :)

      xxx

      Delete
  2. Clutter? Where!! Its lovely..I'm the same with books, people always pass them to me but I can't bear to get rid. Secretly saving them for when I've got a cosey library in my big house and all that ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo yeah hehe I'd like a library myself... Thats what i'm saving them for yessss lol xx

      Delete
  3. Perfectly timed post for me as a new reader, great to get to know you a bit Katie! Love this post too, your bedroom is lovely :-)

    Your newest follower,

    Vanessa x
    www.vanessaeves.com

    Pop over and follow me too if you like! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I will most certainly pop over and have a nosey at your blog later on when i have a bit more time

      xxx

      Delete
  4. I just wrote my introduction after a few of blogging! very cute room btw!

    Dulce

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just completely slipped my mind to do one lol

      I'll come and have a read of your post later when i have some more time :)

      xx

      Delete
  5. Such a nice neat bedroom! I'm am absolutely lovely your giraffes, my fav!!
    X

    p.s. Check out the giveaway over on my blog ;)
    lazy2lovely.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so cute aren't they :) I saw them in the service station once & nagged and nagged for them lol

      I will come & have a look at your giveaway later on tonight xxx

      Delete
  6. Hey Katie,
    Beautiful and original presentation, I love your style!
    xoo :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaww thanks :) my mums good with things like that. She helped and set it all out xx

      Delete
  7. So lovely! I like it :) Great blog^^

    Im following you. would you like to follow each other?

    XoXo

    http://breakfastinthefrontrow.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yayy thanks :)

      I will definitely come & have a nosey at your blog later on when i get more time :)

      xxx

      Delete
  8. You seem to have such a lovely sweet bedroom! I especially love gizmo!! And I adore your blog, you've now inspired me to try out the Lee Stafford 'for hair that doesn't grow' treatment as have been meaning to for ages after being a massive Lee Stafford Argan Oil junkie!! Definitely followed and looking forward to reading your future posts! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I still sleep with my stuffed giraffe hehe. Your blog is beautiful doll, so happy to find you on Hellocotton:)

    Sara xx Happily following along
    http://beautifulworldoflennynb.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

Follow my Twitter