hair

"The Best Messy Braid Ever" | Julianne Hough Hairstyle

Sunday, January 31, 2016

hair braid, julianne hough, jules, hairstyle, plaits, beauty blogger,

Ever since I watched the film Safe Haven - the hopeless romantic that I am - I've developed a bit of a girl crush on Julianne Hough and her beautifully styled, ever-changing hair. I recently discovered whilst browsing on Pinterest that she has her own lovely blog called Jules. I don't know anyone else's thoughts on the subject, but I personally think it's lovely to see celebrities taking time out to write their own blogs, and Julianne's is no exception. Filled with beauty tips, hairstyles, recipes, fitness and so much more it covers aspects that I think would spark the attention of many readers with different interests.
One post of hers which I particularly loved was The Best Messy Braid Evera simple little photo tutorial on how she creates this messy braid when she's limited on time to style her hair. 
Since I've been rocking the bob/lob look, I've been experimenting with cute, simple ways of keeping my hair out my face for work and lazy days when applying heat is happily avoided. Julianne's messy braid is definitely going to be one that I use often as it's so quick and easy to do and I simply love imperfect hairstyles. If you're not an expert at braiding, I don't think it matters too much as the whole point of this braid is to be quite a messy - I didn't try too hard - look. I simply parted my hair further to one side than usual and began braiding down towards my ear. I clipped it in place with a pretty butterfly clip, but you could use normal hair grips or a clear bobble to keep it in place.


How do you style your bob/lob?

Follow

You Might Also Like

15 comments

  1. This looks so good on you! I used to love doing braids, I'll have to try this out, though I'm not sure it will look as good on my hair. And I can't believe I didn't know Julianne had her own blog... I love her, so I'll have to check it out!

    Lauren | laurenthedaydreamer.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, me neither until recently but I really like it. She's a beauty! I'm sure it will look great on you :) x

      Delete
  2. This braid is so beautiful, I'm going to attempt to do it and hope it ends up looking good!
    Paula | www.namelessgap.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I lovee this! It's super pretty :)

    http://fayheather.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too, much more beautiful on Julianne than me however haha :) x

      Delete
  4. If that's a messy braid, I can't imagine what a tidy one would look like. It's absolutely beautiful on you 👍👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha in all honesty I'm not good at tidy braids. I like them a bit edgy :) x

      Delete
  5. If that's a messy braid, I can't imagine what a tidy one would look like. It's absolutely beautiful on you 👍👍

    ReplyDelete
  6. Youuuu have my dream hair <3 Wish I could do this on my head but I'm utterly incapable of practically any styling that doesn't involve a hair straightener :D And hey, who doesn't love Julianne Hough? :) Gonna try to copy that 'do now.. wish me luck!
    www.MarinaSays.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't think of any reason not to love her... Get practicing girl, I'm sure you can do it :) xx

      Delete
  7. Oh this looks lovely. Although I've been able to French braid since I was little I've attempted to do this in my own hair a few times and it never quite turns out how I want it to. I think I've only ever gone out once with this style. I'll have to keep practising x

    Becky @ The Little Blog of Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely do, it's great when you want your hair out of your face for the day. I'm sure you can perfect it :) x

      Delete
  8. I love this hairstyle, it looks gorgeous! It suits your hair length perfectly too xxx

    Jasmine || http://www.blogsallbeautyy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jasmine :) It looks lovely on longer hair too though X

      Delete

Follow my Twitter