beauty

Lazy Sunday Makeup

Sunday, January 24, 2016

Hi everyone, I hope you're all enjoying your Sunday.

Sunday is more often than not quite a lazy day for me, as I'm sure it is for many of you. A day when makeup isn't an absolute necessity, so I relax on the timely application and choose a makeup routine that is quick, simple and rather subtle. Today I thought I'd share the products I've been reaching for on my lazy Sundays recently.

l,oreal mascara, collection lasting perfection concealer, makeup revolution contour kit, eyelash curlers, rimmel eyeliner, maybelline brow drama,

An absolute cult concealer amongst beauty bloggers, and with good reason. This concealer is so easy to apply, the coverage is fantastic and it lasts long enough that I don't often need to reapply it throughout the day. I use the lightest shade in this concealer to highlight dark areas and imperfections. I find the consistency perfect for under eyes and also for any other areas that are in need of a little extra coverage. Once I've added this to the areas needed with either a beauty sponge or concealer brush, I blend it out with my real techniques buffing brush to give a natural look. I skip foundation quite a lot as I feel that this concealer gives me the coverage I need.

I am absolutely loving this product recently. So much so that I have written a full review which you can check out here. It's not often I come across a palette and love each colour as much as the next. Usually it's a bonus to like two products within a palette but to love all three is impressive. The colours are suited to warm skin tones so it's perfect for me with it's lovely gold shimmer. Each product blends well and has pretty good staying power. As I've mentioned before, for £3.50 I really cannot say a bad word about this. It's perfect for lazy days or travelling as everything you need is in one palette. Love love love!

H&M Eyelash Curlers
Yes, my trusty eyelash curlers were £2.99. I own other variations of eyelash curlers that cost me considerably more, but to be honest I always come back to these. In my opinion they are an area of makeup application that you can certainly save on rather than splurge. I get the same outcome with these cheapies as I do with my more expensive ones, so it's a no brainer really isn't it?

I have a bit of a love hate relationship with these eyeliners. I own a couple of brown shades and the colours are absolutely perfect for me. This one is in copper bling, which is a lovely shimmery gold toned bronze colour. They apply so easily and smudge like a dream, however they do tend to transfer to my eyelids throughout the day and the staying power isn't all that impressive. This might have something to do with my lack of eyeshadow primer and I'll have to experiment with that, but for now the lovely colours certainly outweigh the staying power issues and these are so affordable at only £3.99 each. Bonus!

This is one of those mascaras that I bought, used once or twice and then it got buried amongst my sea of mascaras. Recently however I have rediscovered it and I am really enjoying using it. The volume it creates really is impressive and it looks natural and fluttery which is exactly what I want for a lazy day. I haven't experienced any clumping with this mascara so it builds well for a more dramatic effect if required. This mascara ticks a lot of boxes for me and that's why I've been reaching for it a lot more recently. L'oreal in general tend to be one of the more expensive options for drugstore mascaras however in my experience the quality is well worth those extra few pounds.

If you follow my Instagram and see my endless selfies you'll probably notice I don't do a great deal with my eyebrows. I am blessed with quite thick, dark eyebrows and to be honest I am happy with how they are without adding much product. That is why I use this Brow Mascara in transparent to simply brush my brows in to shape and keep them there more effectively. The brush on this brow mascara works perfectly to tame unruly brows and it is also available in different shades if you need that little extra colour to your brows.


So there we have it, this is my simple lazy Sunday makeup which seems to have become quite a routine lately. My Sunday's are often spent going for walks, reading, watching a good film and generally just relaxing in my comfiest clothes, so spending oodles of time applying makeup isn't a priority for me. 

How do you spend your Sundays?


Follow


You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. The contour palette looks really pretty! I love the convenience of having all of your cheek products in one place. Found your blog through the #bbloggers chat - really liking it so far. x

    Hilary | The Beauty Collective

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup me too, makes my life easier and quicker haha :) Thanks I'm so glad you like it x

      Delete
  2. We all need a lazy makeup routine and eyeliners are my favourite for them!

    Jessica Lauren Hatcher | Beauty and the rest. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, easy to apply eyeliners at that :) Love lazy days x

      Delete

Follow my Twitter