beauty

Makeup Revolution London Ultra Sculpt & Contour Kit Review

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Well hello there lovely readers.

Today I am reviewing a product that I've seen many a review of, so I am a bit late on the bandwagon with this one. However, I have been trialling this product for a couple of months, so I can give a good honest review.

The product is the Makeup Revolution London Ultra Sculpt and Contour Kit and I have this in the colour C01 for fairer skin.

contour and blush kit perfect for warm skin tones

First lets talk about the shade range. So as I mentioned above, I have the colour CO1 for fairer skin. There is an option to get C04 which is for darker skin tones but with there only being two options, the colour range is quite limited. I would also like to point out that these palettes have warm golden tones, which is fantastic for someone like myself with a warmer skin tone but less appealing to those with cooler skin tones.

The packaging is simple, sturdy and very acceptable considering this product is only £3.50. Yes, £3.50 isn't that amazing! A mirror inside the lid might have been practical for applying makeup on the move but it is also nice to be able to see the shades through the front upon buying the product. The shades themselves are perfect for me and as you can see each product is labelled so there is no muddling up which shade goes where, making this product perfect for contour beginners.

makeup revolution golden toned highlighter, blusher and contour

The bronzer is quite dark but it blends very well making it suitable for fairer skin tones. The colour is also easily buildable making it suitable for darker skin tones as well.
The highlighter is my perfect shade as it has a lovely shimmery gold tone to it. It compliments my skin tone well and I feel it accentuates the golden tones to my brown eyes. For cooler skin tones, this highlighter might be a bit too warm but if you're wanting a sun kissed glow then this product would be perfect for you.
Onto the blush, and what a lovely blush it is. I think this blush could be compared to the likes of Nars Super Orgasm in colour, as it has lovely warm rose, peach and gold tones to it. The staying power might not be the greatest but for £3.50 who can really complain? I don't tend to wear makeup for an entire day so for me it does the job perfectly.

makeup revolution bronzer, highlighter and blusher

I do have a few varieties of contour kits such as Sleek and Maybelline, however I am finding myself picking this one up more often than any other. The warm tones suit my skin perfectly, the colour selection is just what I want and I am therefore a very happy customer. 

This is the first product I have tried from the Makeup Revolution Collection but if first impressions are anything, I'll be going back for more. Can you recommend any of there lovely products?


Follow

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow my Twitter