hair

Boots Dry Shampoo

Sunday, May 22, 2016

Dry Shampoo is something that I literally cannot imagine my life without. How did I ever live before it existed? I have no clue! I love it for so many reasons, those of which I will briefly share with you in this post. For so long I have used Batiste Dry Shampoo and I have occasionally strayed from it to try out other products, but I have always been disappointed and gone straight back to using my trusty Batiste.

UNTIL NOW!

I only usually pick up Batiste Dry Shampoo when it's on offer, because I go through it so fast that I hardly find it worth buying at full price. I tend to hoard it when it's on 3 for 2 or half price to keep my stock up. Last time I went into Boots, none of the Batiste varieties were on offer and then I saw Boots own version 2 for £3 which is amazing value. It took me a while to convince myself to try it (creature of habit) because usually when I stray too far from Batiste I wind up going straight back to it but I gave boots the benefit of the doubt. 

Boy am I glad I did! 

best dry shampoo

The two I chose were Original and Paradise Island. Let's talk about the scent first because we all know how important that is for me. I picked Paradise Island because it sounded summery and I wondered if it would have a coconut scent similar to the Batiste Tropical scent, and Original was a safe option in case I didn't like Paradise Island. What has surprised me the most is that I've loved the original scent sooooo much that I've barely used Paradise Island. The Original Dry Shampoo makes me think of Summer Holidays and the lovely coconut scents that come with them. It honestly smells out of this world and it really lingers so I can smell it all the time - this obviously makes me very happy. Paradise Island does still have a hint of coconut but it's more fruity than the Original.

Now the important part is over (hahaha) lets get down to the more serious part of the review.
I have actually found that the Boots Dry Shampoo distributes better than Batiste. I didn't know this could be possible if I'm honest. Do you ever have the experience when something satisfies your needs so much that you can't imagine anything to be better? Well this just is! I'm not in any way slating Batiste Dry Shampoo because it really is amazing stuff but the Boots version just takes it that bit further for me. Sometimes when I'm getting to the bottom of a bottle of Batiste I can find that it no longer sprays any powder on to my hair and therefore loses it's effectiveness which disappoints me. The boots version literally keeps on giving right until it's very last spray and I don't find I have to shake the can as vigorously as Batiste. It distributes perfectly and is really easy to rub in.

If you follow my blog and social media you'll know that recently I have gone silver blonde and I've been experimenting with pastel colours. Anyone who has done/is doing the same will know that washing your hair too often is killer. For the condition of your hair and for maintaining the colour. Now this might gross some people out, but since making the switch to Boots Dry Shampoo I have literally only been washing my hair once a week. This means I can maintain my pastel colours for longer and also keep my hair in tip top condition after having it bleached numerous times. Some of you might be thinking "how on earth can you go a week without washing your hair, it must feel horrible and greasy" but I promise you it doesn't at all. I can't stand my hair feeling greasy, but a few sprays of this to my hair gives it that just washed fresh feeling for another few days without having to reapply it. It really is a wonderful bargain product and I am now completely converted. No excessive build up, no grease in sight, no problems shaking it up, a lovely coconutty scent in your hair = sheer perfection. What is not to love? Seriously!

dry shampoo that is better than batiste

I still love Batiste Dry Shampoo and if it's on offer I will definitely pick it up, but when a 200ml bottle of Batiste is £3.99 for one and I can pick these up at 2 for £3 it goes without saying which one I am going to choose. If you're anything like me and can't live without Dry Shampoo then I absolutely urge you to try these because they're such good value for money and the quality is higher than its pricier competitors. Share the love for Boots and try their Dry Shampoo and please let me know what you think if you do.

I hope this post has been helpful. I dared to try a product out of my comfort zone and it paid off so I'm encouraging you to do the same. Try something new!

Please use the links below to keep up to date with all things KatieLewLa.

Follow

You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. Ohh love this review! I usually always get Batiste too but it can work out expensive when not on offer. I'll have to try this one as its definitely a lifesaver when I'm feeling too lazy to wash my hair.
    XO lottie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's 100% a lifesaver :) I couldn't live without it x

      Delete
  2. I might be tempted to try these, I've always used Batiste and never really thought of using an alternative!

    Katie x
    The Stylinguist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm usually disappointed with alternatives but this one is amazing and I'm so glad I tried it x

      Delete
  3. I really need to try this now! I only use Batiste and like you get through a can pretty quickly so I hate paying full price a lot of the time! If this works for me too it could definitely save a bit of money too! Great post :D

    Lizzie | lizziegines.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm all for saving you some money :) fingers crossed you like it x

      Delete
  4. Might have to try this. I'm loving CoLab at the minute though!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried colab and I didn't find it was as effective for me x

      Delete
  5. I've never got on with dry shampoo at all. My hair gets oily quickly and I just about manage to stretch washing to every other day. I never find that dry shampoo leaves my hair feeling clean (and I love my hair feeling clean) but maybe this one might be the one for me x

    Becky @ The Little Blog of Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I could ever be bothered to wash my hair that often :( I'm terrible honestly lol Dry shampoo saves me from doing that. Let me know if you try it x

      Delete
  6. I normally hate dry shampoo but I have found myself using it a lot more recently so glad you posted about these :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to try this! I must admit I am a firm lover of batiste and like you I haven't liked any of the cheaper alternatives but I will definitely be picking the boots one up! Washing your hair once a week isn't gross at all, you're actually only supposed to wash it once or twice a week. That's for sharing the review lovely, hopefully it works just as well for me!

    chloedanielle.co.uk -xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a good find!!


    Parie x
    classandglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had a roommate swear by dry shampoo and it's all starting to make sense! I mean honestly it seems so great and it comes in handy when trying to maintain the hair colors you want! (: Excellent find.

    Single Vegas Girl
    http://singlevegasgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Follow my Twitter