hair

Feeling Blue | How to achieve Blue Hair

Friday, January 15, 2016

how to achieve blue hair at home using bleach london products

Anyone who follows my Instagram will have noticed recently that my hair is changing colour more often than usual. Katie gets bored easily, and when Katie gets bored, she takes it out on her hair. I've gone from Pink to Purple and now to Blue and I love it, so much in fact that I'm considering going completely blonde so that I can take my boredom out on the whole of my hair rather than just the blonde bits.

First I wanted to briefly share how I created this look at home. I would like to mention that I am not by any means a hairdresser or expert. I have quite a lot of experience in colouring my hair and have been lucky along the way but this is just what works for me.

On the picture above, I used a mixture of two Bleach London products in the shades Blullini and Washed up mermaid. I mixed the two colours together in a mixing pot with a generous splodge of conditioner for good measure and also to tone the brightness down a little. I shampooed and towel dried my hair, parted it down the middle and began generously applying the mixture to the ends of my hair, working my way upwards a little as I went along. I used my fingers (which were covered with gloves I would like to point out) to add touches of colour to the babylights around my face and any other highlights I could spot. After I had finished applying all of the product I gently combed through my hair from the ends to give a more natural ombre effect to the colour..... and Voila! As these products don't contain any bleach and are rather nourishing for your hair, I'm not afraid to leave it on for a little longer than suggested. I left this colour on for almost an hour before rinsing, making sure my hair had been given plenty of time to soak up the bluey hues.

As you can see, using the Bleach London Products gave my hair a very subtle colour, which is fantastic if that's what you want and although I loved it, I wanted to go brighter! Which brings me to photo number two!

how to do a DIY blue hair dye

As my face might blatantly suggest, I was very happy with the outcome of the second colouring session. A lot brighter and in your face blue haha! To achieve this look, I used exactly the same method as above but using Organic & Mineral Extreme Colour in Turquoise which I purchased from my local Adel Wholesalers. Unfortunately Adel wholesalers are only accessible to registered hairdressers which my mum so happens to be so this colour might not be easy to get hold of but the results are absolutely fantastic. Again these products are Ammonia free and do no damage to hair but believe it or not, I only left this colour on for about 15/20 minutes and the results were outstanding.

Yayyyyyy!

I absolutely love playing around with funky colours in my hair. If you have any product recommendations I'd be happy to hear them :)

Take a look on the Bleach London Website & see which colour you fancy!


Follow

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. This looks sooo amazing on you! Wish I had the confidence to change my hair up a little

    ♦The Jewel Beauty Blog♦ || Would love you to stop by! ツ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I was pleasantly surprised with it. I'm pretty certain I already follow you sweetie :) xx

      Delete

Follow my Twitter