hair

Brunette to Blonde is easy with MagiBond

Saturday, April 30, 2016

Going from Brunette to Blonde isn't easy and I've been mentioning for a while now that I wanted to go much lighter with my hair so that I can get more creative with hair colours. Although I already had quite a bit of blonde in it, it wasn't light enough to use pastel colours or get that real silvery tone which I love at the moment.

For such a long time I've coloured my own hair, and even gone as far as a DIY blonde job which in all honesty wasn't too much of a disaster. As I've grown older and wiser, I respect my hair and it's condition a lot more, and would never attempt to go as light as I have done previously at home. Some things just need to be left to the professionals. I won't lie, I'm terrified of other people going to town on my hair. I'm a do it yourself girl so it's hard for me to put my hair into another persons hands but I have been so lucky to find a hairdresser that puts up with my wild, lengthy requests and I trust her completely. If you are from Doncaster or surrounding areas then I can 100% recommened Cuts and Co, all the girls are always happy to help and I feel in very safe hands with my hairdresser Ruby.

You can see from my before and after shots below just how much lighter I have gone and this was all in one session.
use magibond to get blonde hair without damage, doncaster hair salon

I went into Cuts and Co at 9am and I didn't come out until about 4 o clock! I literally had an entire day of hair pampering. I knew it would be a lengthy process - luckily I had my mum on hand to bring me in some dinner because I was absolutely starving. So here's a break down of how my day looked;

1. I had my first round of bleach using Magibond which was left on for approximately 35 minutes. The bleach was hand painted on to give a lived in look to my roots. This left my hair with a fetching banana tone which is obviously quite normal for a first attempt.

2. I had all of the product washed off and my hair combed through.

3. Second round of bleach, focusing on darker areas, and covering the remaining hair last to lift as much of the brassy tones out as possible.

4. All of the product was once again washed out of my hair. 

5. An ash blonde toner was applied to the entire of my hair, to lift out yellow tones.

6. Hair was washed for a third time. (squeaky clean hair)

7. Finally a lavender toner was added to the entire of my hair to leave a lovely pinky purple tone.

8. My hair was washed for the final time and the Magibond sealer was applied. This was left on for around 15 minutes before being rinsed out.

9. I then had my hair trimmed, as it would have been a shame to cut out too much of that lovely colour and my hairdresser convinced me to keep it a bit longer.

10. Last but not least my hair was dried and styled to perfection, just how I like it.

doncaster hair salon, brunette to blonde

Going from Brunette to Blonde could not have been achieved in one sitting, with such minimal damage without Magibond. For those that haven't yet heard of it, Magibond is a wonder product that is added to bleach and colour to help repair the bonds in your hair. This results in less damage during the bleaching session and also over time. It contains an ingredient called n-acetyl-l-cysteine that creates bonds within your hairs structure, keeping it strong and resistant to damage from bleach. I was dubious about how well it would work, but hearing other peoples success stories using products such as Olaplex that are very similar, I couldn't resist. I can honestly say that my hair is in absolutely great condition and I'm not losing as much of it when washing as I was previously. If you're looking at going considerably lighter but are terrified of causing too much damage to your hair then I urge you to find a salon that uses Magibond. It has worked wonders on my hair and has made it possible to achieve a look that I otherwise would have avoided.

Due to the way that my hair was lightened previous to this colour, it has made it slightly more difficult to get an even shade of blonde on my mid to ends. I am going back to the salon next week to have it freshened up and hopefully remove any stubborn brassy sections. Thankfully my hairdresser is very understanding of what I want to achieve, because quite frankly I am a pain in the ass when it comes to getting what I want with my hair. I have an idea of how I want it to look and luckily she has the patience to take me there.

how I went from brunette to blonde with magibond in doncaster

Hopefully this time next Thursday I'll be prepped and ready to apply some lovely pastel shades and get more creative with my colour so watch this space. Follow my Instagram to keep up to date with my hair journey.

If you're thinking of going from Brunette to Blonde then just remember it can be a lengthy process, don't expect miracles in one bleaching sessions because it's not likely to happen that easily. Have patience and don't cause too much stress to your hair. A good hairdresser will give you the best advice.

Hope you've enjoyed this post, don't forget to follow me via social media and Bloglovin below to keep up to date with my posts.

Follow

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Your hair looks beautiful 💜💜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much :) I'm glad you like it x

      Delete

Follow my Twitter