featured

Nails of the week | Simple Blue Stripes

Thursday, January 21, 2016

blue nails, nail striping tape, nails of the week, nail art, 17 nail polish,

Hi everyone,

I know you haven't seen one of these posts for a while but I am so pleased that you can now. I go through phases of nibbling my nails, I have done since school. Usually when I'm bored or stressed. Keeping up to date with painting them keeps me from being tempted and so I managed to grow them to a good enough length to do exactly that. I'd love to say it was will power and determination, but my other half going ballistic with me every time he caught me nibbling played a rather large part.

Anyway, since I haven't painted them for a while, I didn't fancy anything too complicated and I've seen simple nails such as these all over Pinterest recently. The lighting really doesn't do the blue colour justice, it has a subtle shimmer to it which catches the light wonderfully. Unfortunately I have no specific colour name for you, as the product was a 17 polish from a set that I received a while back and none of them were name specific.

The tape is just a standard nail striping tape from eBay, similar to These at just 99p they are an absolute bargain, and I do like me some bargains. However, I do have trouble keeping the tape on after a couple of days, if anyone has any tips on preventing the edges from curling up I'd be very grateful. Washing my hair is a nightmare, my nails go in looking beautifully painted to perfection and come out looking like a 10 day old bodge job! Help! 

Staying power aside, I do like these simple nails. They're super quick to do but are still eye catching and easy to do for a night out or hot date!

If you like what you read/see then please do follow me on Bloglovin' using the link below <3

Follow

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow my Twitter