hair

Toni & Guy Shampoo & Conditioner for blonde hair review | KatieLewLa

Friday, July 05, 2013

What a lovely day it is today... I'm actually writing posts whilst sat in the Garden isn't that a novelty :) 
I may even get a chance to take some lovely outdoor summery photographs to share.

The next 3 days on my little blog there are going to be 3 review posts. A haircare review, facial care review and day number 3 is something a lot of you have been asking for eeeeeeek! It will finally be here. Today is the first of the 3 and that is the Toni & Guy Cleanse & Nourish Shampoo & Conditioner for blonde hair. Lets get to it.....

Toni & Guy cleanse and nourish range, review

A few weeks ago I was hunting in Boots for a new shampoo and conditioner to try and review. The Toni & Guy cleanse & nourish range caught my eye especially since they were all on 2 for £7. Since these products are usually £5.99 a bottle I thought it was fairly reasonable and wouldn't break the bank all that much. My memories of using Toni & Guy products in the past were not spectacular however the range has completely changed and I swayed myself to give it another chance. I was rather confuzzled about which set to try as there are quite a number of variations such as for dry hair, greasy hair, brunette, blonde etc etc. I opted for the pair designed for blonde hair as my hair is ombre and also I have natural blonde highlights during the summer in my natural colour.

So.... what do I think to it?


Toni & Guy cleanse and nourish for blonde hair

I've been using these two products for a good month now and I must say that my first impressions are great ones. I'm about half way through the bottles and am finding myself feeling quite sad to reach the end.

The Shampoo


Toni & Guy cleanse and nourish shampoo for blonde hair

The shampoo claims that it "Mildly cleanses to enhance and restore light tones and shine. Suitable for both natural and coloured hair." Does it do what it says on the tin? Yes... and more I would say. It lathers really well so you don't need to use a large amount and washes out leaving a clean but healthy feeling. By this I mean it doesn't feel squeaky clean like its stripped your hair of it's natural oils. To me it feels like a shampoo should, cleansed but still alive and hydrated. Plus it has a really nice clean, fresh, sweet scent which mildly lingers on your hair afterwards.

The Conditioner
The conditioner has the same lovely scent and again a little goes a long way so there's no need to use excessive amounts. I apply this only on the mid to ends of my hair and it makes it really easy to comb through whilst I'm in the shower. Upon rinsing, my hair has felt really silky, soft and tangle free which to me is a breath of fresh air! I've found the trick isn't to wash your the conditioner out until you can no longer feel it, but to leave it still feeling slightly soft and conditioned (if that makes any sense at all?). I have a habit of feeling the need to rinse, rinse and rinse until it feels like there is nothing left, however I'm now trying to avoid that and it's much more successful. 



Toni & Guy shampoo and conditioner for blonde hair


I think the bottles are a really quirky, clever design. As you can see you press a button and the lid pops upwards so you can squeeze out some delicious product. Not something I've come across before and I feel it really makes the product appear more luxurious and up market.

Now I'm not going to lie and say that these products tick all my boxes because unfortunately there are just some things that need to be left to a serum or leave in conditioner. It doesn't leave my hair completely frizz free upon drying so I do still need to use my trusty oils and after shower products but I'm yet to find a Shampoo and conditioner that doesn't require a little extra treatment :)

Upon drying however, my hair appears such a lovely colour with much shine and extra dimensions that don't appear without these products. Its a treat for both colours of my ombre hair as it brings out the natural blonde highlights in my natural colour and also keeps my bleached ends looking vibrant, none brassy and golden which I love. I would really highly recommend this product for the summer months if you're looking for those natural highlights to make an appearance. It's done wonders for mine and I'm thanking it for it every time I was my hair hehehe.

I'm thoroughly enjoying using these products and would now definitely consider trying out some others from the Toni & Guy range. My faith in them has been well and truly restored!
(At some point I'll try and take a picture of my natural highlights and add it to this post)

Hope you enjoy :)
Have you tried any products from this range that you would recommend?


You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Ooh I'll definitely have to give these a whirl now I'm a newly converted blonde!

    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really want to try these, always on the look out for a good shampoo and conditioner for blonde hair Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have used Toni & guy for a long time I don't understand why they have changed it I loved the old type for platinum blonde hair with blonde conditioner I'm sorry but I don't like the new toni & guy cleanse I hate the smell you can smell the chemicals so i'm looking for another brand

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really very considerable article. I even have a major hair fall downside. i do not know is attributable to the dearth of vitamins or any other issue. I had used some merchandise to reduce the hair fall but they appear to be useless. now I read an editorial regarding home remedy that has some fine method for hair care. Here the source of the article.
    hair care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to have very blonde hair but over time it has turned into dirty blonde...and it is slowly going brown :( I am considering giving these a try...hopefully they will bring out the blonde in my hair? Great post, first one of yours I have ever read...definetly going to follow xx

    ReplyDelete

Follow my Twitter