beauty

Summer Lovin' Sleek GLO face & body highlighter review | KatieLewLa

Wednesday, July 24, 2013




Good afternoon me lovelies :)

Today is another product review in my Summer Lovin' series. Today's review (you've probably guessed it) is going to be on the Sleek Glo face & body highlighter! in the shade 'bronze baby'.
"This lightweight bronzer and highlighter adds a flawless, luminous tan to bare skin, and creates a radiant, even coverage when used over foundation or blush. Glo has five shimmering colour bars in each palette, ideal for alternating between shades or creating an eclectic range of looks."

This product is something I don't think I would have picked up on a browsing session in Superdrug. I actually got this in a Sleek kit that I bought for £10 at the fashion show live last year. I've recently begun to use it and I'm pleasantly surprised with the results. During the summer months I've ditched blushers and instead opted for bronzers to match my relatively bronzed skin which is why I picked this out of my stash. 

The packaging -as with all sleek products I find- is very convenient for keeping in your handbag for reapplying throughout the day. It has everything contained that you would need including a handy little brush (even though it isn't of the best quality) and a very useful mirror. Also as always these products are very affordable at just £6.49.

It contains 5 striped shades graduating from a light shimmering highlighter to a darker shimmering bronze shade. My skin tone for summer is a light/medium shade and this product is the perfect combination of shades for my skin. The highlighter shades are more yellow based which work much better for my warmer skin tone than a pink based shade such as the MUA highlighter. I use my real techniques contour brush to apply this product as I found the brush included to be flimsy and altogether a little bit useless if I'm honest. Using my contour brush allows me to select an individual stripe for contouring and highlighting. However sometimes I will use a blush brush to combine all the shades and apply as a wash of colour rather than on specific areas.

Apologies for the slightly grubby packaging!

This product is available in 3 different shades which are suitable for light, medium and darker skintones. 'Bronze baby' which is the shade I have is suited more to medium skin tones although I would say a lighter skin tone could get away with this if you use a contour brush to choose the colours individually. 

This product can be purchased directly from sleek HERE for just £6.49

Hope you enjoy.


You Might Also Like

20 comments

  1. I really like the look of this, great post! I think i'm going to buy it, thank you :)xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it :) it is a great summer product! x

      Delete
  2. Great post! I love the look of this and the fact that it comes in 3 shades for different skin tones :) xx

    jasminecara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The peachy shade looks interesting. Might try that one if I ever use this up hehe x

      Delete
  3. This looks so up my street! Love sleek!

    http://styleandsplurging.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm beginning to like it more and more :) great products x

      Delete
  4. I wish we had sleek in Ireland, product looks amazing!

    Check out my 200 followers giveaway on my blog! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you not purchase their items online? :) x

      Delete
  5. I just love sleek produts great review and have you tried the contour kit ?
    followed GFC and on instagram
    Debbie xxx

    http://undefinedbluehoney.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried the contour kit no. I would definitely like to in the future though :) Would you recommend it? X

      Delete
  6. I hadn't noticed these in the shops, going to have a look for them next time. They look really nice and remind me of the Bobbi Brown shimmer bricks

    http//:sheslookingatthestars.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah a few people have mentioned that and since posting this I haven't seen it in the shops either! They definitely have them online :) xx

      Delete
  7. Looks like a lovely highlighter, the colours look really pretty Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really nice, especially for warmer skin tones xx

      Delete
  8. Ah love this. Reminds me so much of the Bobbi Brown shimmer bricks!

    Laura xx
    www.whatlauralovesuk.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do actually, never realised this before. And much cheaper I imagine xx

      Delete
  9. This looks fab! Got to love sleek- great post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving sleek products the more I use them :) x

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Great for the summer months :) however short they may be hehe xx

      Delete

Follow my Twitter