fashion

Rhinefield House Hotel - A fairytale wedding weekend | KatieLewLa

Wednesday, July 03, 2013


Good Afternoon :)

It seems like forever ago now, but back in May on the bank holiday weekend I attended the wedding of my partners brother. The wedding was held at Rhinefield House Hotel in the New Forest, Hampshire which is one in the chain of Hand Picked Hotels. I'm aware it was a couple of months ago now but the weekend and the setting made such beautiful memories for myself and in particularly my niece and nephews that I couldn't resist the temptation to share it with you now that I'm connected to the blogging world again.

Rhinefield House Hotel - A fairytale wedding weekend, handpicked hotels



We arrived at Rhinefield house on such a lovely, sunny, still day which is a rarity in itself in this country. The weather only added to my amazement when I approached the building set in the depths of the new forest. It was so green, floral, well kept and just generally quite breathtaking. "What a setting for a wedding" were my exact words I believe. After dropping my bags off in my room I couldn't be more eager to whip out my camera and get snap happy whilst exploring the grounds in all their glory.

(I kid you not, these photo's have not been edited at all. The grass was reeeally that green!)

Rhinefield House Hotel Garden

Rhinefield House Hotel Gardens

Rhinefield House Hotel Fountain

If only I'd been staying there longer than 2 nights. There were plenty of things to do such as an indoor and outdoor swimming pool, spa facilities and outdoor games. Not to mention the beautiful countryside to admire but unfortunately we were limited with time and had a wedding to focus on. So onto the wedding day itself....

My outfit!
(Apologies to Kevin who will possibly end my life if he sees this haha. He hates me adding pictures of him anywhere but the only photos I have of myself also have him attached to me. I'm hope you'll agree that he looks very handsome and shouldn't complain about having his face on my blog hehe.) 

I bought my dress from Jane Norman which is somewhere I wouldn't usually shop, but it caught my mums eye so I agreed to try it on and surprisingly really liked it! I thought it looked much better on than on it's hanger. I also seem to remember it being reduced from about £60 to approximately £40 so it was quite a nice bargain for this special occasion.

Rhinefield House Hotel Katie Lew La

Rhinefield House Hotel Katie Lew La

May I mention it was slightly windy hahaha that explains my flyaway hair or at least gives me an excuse for it :)

Rhinefield House Hotel Katie Lew La

Dress- Jane Norman
Gold Sandals (that i'm aware you can't see)- New Look
Heart Drop Necklace & matching earrings- Accessorize 
Pearls Bracelet- A gift from my friend Laura when I was a bridesmaid
Hair Flower Clip- H&M

The place was decorated so beautifully and the food was absolutely to die for! Now I am quite a food fanatic to start with but honestly, the pudding = WOW. I had a fancy fruit salad to start with, a Goats cheese tart with spinach for my main which was delicious and then a white chocolate cheesecake with raspberry coulee and it was amaze balls haha! No other words to describe it. The food really was out of this world. After sitting comfortably and feeling the nerves as my man did his best man speech we went onto the evening do. This again was set up very quickly and into the night we partied. 
Overall I have to say the staff were so hospitable and helpful and if I was ever asked to stay here again I would not hesitate at all. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and the big day which explains why I really wanted to share some piccies with you lovely lot!

Apologies that there aren't many pictures of anyone else from the day but I'd like to respect their privacy and keep at least a little of my life a secret :)

I hope you've enjoyed this post :)


Follow on Bloglovin

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. What a stunning location, you look gorgeous too! Jane Norman isn't a place I'd usually shop either, but that dress is so pretty! Nice to see you back missy!! xx

    paintedglitter.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was lovely :) thanks sweetie it's good to be back!! X

      Delete
  2. Looks like such a beautiful place! Your photos look great. Very pretty dress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live really near here and have never visited! I definitely need to go now!

    Holly xx
    impatience-is-a-virtue.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely dress you look so pretty...and Rhinefield house hotel is so beautiful!

    http://www.simplyjess4u.com

    xoxo Jess

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, this is just stunning. What lovely photos, and you both look just amazing <3

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete

Follow my Twitter