hair

Summer Lovin' - Hair Care Essentials | KatieLewLa

Monday, July 22, 2013




Good evening me lovelies :)

Today's post is on a small selection of budget hair products I can't be without this summer. What's even more pleasing is that they were all under £5! Happy bank balance = Happy Katieeee!



These are all products that can be picked up at your local Boots/Superdrug, however one of these was bought from another bargain shop which I will mention below.

Boots sun, swim & gym leave in conditioner

I purchased this on a whim whilst browsing boots. I went to Center Parcs last months and was looking for something on a budget to help tackle my tangles from copious amounts of chlorine. It's a nightmare for me when I go swimming as my hair tangles soooo easily. The sun, swim & gym range caught my eye as obviously I would be doing quite a lot of swimming and that's what this was targeted at. So, when I got out of swimming I sprayed this all over my wet hair and combed through with my tangle teaser. I must say it made the job much less painful, far quicker and didn't result in me getting a headache from so much tugging. The smell was really nice and lingered for quite a while and it left my hair feeling silky soft. The downside to this mini review is that I can't tell you how it left my hair upon drying, as I simply used this a detangler before I washed my already wet hair. Maybe in the future I will try applying this on freshly washed hair and see if the results are as good. I have also been spraying this onto dry hair whilst I enjoy the sun from my garden. This is due to the UVA & UVB protection contained within the conditioner. I'm happy to know that this will be preventing my scalp from burning whilst I'm enjoying the rays and a good book.

Dove hair nourishing oil care leave in spray (click for link)

This little gem is something I've seen many beauty bloggers raving about over the summer months. It was actually my mum who suggested I try this as a cheaper alternative to my itsa10 leave in conditioner. It's currently on offer at just £1.79 in Boots. WOW. Considerably cheaper than other leave in conditioners I've purchased. You give the bottle a shake, spray onto wet or dry hair and voila! The results? Silky smooth, manageable hair that smells absolutely divine. I've been using this on wet and dry hair to add some moisture and I'm really enjoying using it. If only it also contained heat protectant it might steer me away from itsa10, but for now it's certainly filling the gap. I will more than likely repurchase this in the future.

Schwarzkopf beach matt texturising salt spray (click for link)

It was around the time I was considering purchasing a salt spray that I spotted this in B&M for £2.50. I couldn't believe my luck. I'd recently researched that this was soon to be launching in Boots & Superdrug so I never expected to find it in B&M! Lucky me. I snapped one up immediately and didn't regret it for a second. Let me first start with the negatives. 1. The spray nozzle isn't very effective. It squirts out in a long direct spurt rather than evenly distributing as more of a mist and 2. It's quite drying for the hair. However, don't let this put you off (I didn't). Sat in one of my drawers was an empty spray bottle. I transferred the salt spray into my spray bottle, added a generous few drips of coconut oil & argan oil and now I am a very happy bean!! I solved both problems and all for the price of £2.50. My spray bottle works much more effectively and the added oils give my hair a little extra moisture that the salt spray was lacking. Now it works like a dream. I can apply it either to towel dried hair to leave it to dry in natural waves/curls or I often add this to second/third day hair to spruce it up a bit & change my style!
Here's a little image of the beachy hair I've been rocking using this spray!!



So these are just 3 products that I've been thoroughly enjoying using so far this summer. (Notice how I ambitiously say "so far" I'm hoping it doesn't end anytime soon!)

Hope this has been useful.



You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Your hair looks lovely. I recently saw the Schwarzkopf beach matt texturising salt spray in Tesco, it sounds great Xx

    ReplyDelete

Follow my Twitter