Nails

Nails of the week - Polka Dot Pastels | KatieLewLa

Saturday, July 20, 2013


Nails of the week Polka Dot Pastels

Good afternooooon :)

Guess what!!! Today is a nail post... I haven't painted my nails for aaaaaages! I've let myself and you lot down really because I religiously painted my nails every week and did a blog post for you. Since moving home at the beginning of May my nail stuff has just been packed away collecting dust. Yesterday I decided to hunt some down, feeling inspired by all the pretty pastel colours I keep seeing on pinterest and weheartit.


These nails are inspired by Avon actually.... A while ago I saw a picture of some lovely polka dot nails in their catalogue and really wanted to try them out for myself. Since that day quite some time ago the same picture has been cropping up all over twitter etc reminding me that I must try them. So I have!

They're done with a bit of a twist because they are using pastel colours rather than bold colours. However I feel these are much more suitable for the summery season. The colours I have used are all from the Barry M pastels collection and I absolutely adore them. They were bought as a gift for my birthday back in April and this is the first time I've used them. It certainly won't be the last! I simply painted a base coat and then using a dotting tool applied some dots in different colours. Simples! They are super easy to do and the possibilities really are endless!

Nails of the week Polka Dot Pastels

I'm loving polka dot nails at the moment and also the pastel colours. Please do share your links in the comments to any cute designs you've created as I'd love to see.

Hope you enjoy



You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. Love this. Those colours work really well together. Very summery!

    kerry xo

    makeup-bykerry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah fab nails. I'm so rubbish at nail art!
    Xx
    Glossy-boutique.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you could do them. Simple to do with a dotting tool :) xx

      Delete
  3. Ooh your nails look great!such a good combo of colours:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I think next time I'll paint them white first so they're bolder x

      Delete
  4. Love this. So pretty! x

    www.beths1986.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely nails! The colours look really pretty Xx

    ReplyDelete

Follow my Twitter