hair

Pink Hair - Schwarzkopf XXL Ultra Brights | KatieLewLa

Thursday, July 25, 2013

As some of you are already aware I felt a bit wild yesterday and decided to go pink! As promised I'm writing this post to tell you all how I achieved it, so that if you're ever feeling a little on the wild side you can join me in the pastel pink parade!

Pink Hair Schwarzkopf XXL Ultra Brights



I would just like to state that I am by noooo means a hairdresser or an expert at colouring. This is just what has worked for me but it might also be useful for you too if you like to experiment with funky colours.

Here's how I achieved this look....

  • Step 1: I purchased one of the Schwarzkopf XXL Ultra Brights from Boots in shade 91- Raspberry Rebel (and a rebel I was feeling hehe)
  • Step 2: In a bowl (of any kind), I added about 1/8 of the Raspberry Rebel colour creme.
  • Step 3. I then added to the bowl 1 sachet of conditioner which comes with the Ultra Brights colour kit. I also added quite a bit of extra conditioner, any will do as long as it's white/cream in colour. I used the TIGI Oatmeal & Honey conditioner (review here) as it's quite light and gentle.
  • Step 4. I shampooed my hair using a PH balanced shampoo and towel dried it afterwards.
  • Step 5. I applied the colour/conditioner to my shampooed hair using the gloves provided, making sure that every bit of hair was covered. You might want to comb through it with a wide toothed comb to make sure it's evenly distributed.
  • Step 6. Take a further minute to make sure it's massaged into the roots properly.
  • Step 7. I went downstairs made dinner and watched the finale of Luther which was epic by the way!
  • Step 8. After about 2 hours I went in the shower and rinsed out the colour/conditioner using cool water so that it didn't strip too much colour.

Aaaaaaand voila!

Pink Hair Schwarzkopf XXL Ultra Brights

Be sure to use the shower on a cool setting and also any heat appliances on the coolest settings. The more heat you apply the more the colour will fade. This colour isn't permanent so it will wash out in just a few washes therefore you can leave the colour on for as long as you desire. It will do more good for your hair than harm the longer it's left on.

As you can see it's taken to my hair better on some parts than others. This is due to the fact that my hair is ombre. The pink is much brighter on the ends of my hair which are pre-lightened and also on any natural highlights from sun. Overall I am very impressed with the results from the Schwarzkopf Ultra Brights and I'm quite fancying trying the purple next to see how that goes. They leave my hair feeling lovely, soft and shiny and the conditioner included reminds me strangely of calpol! haha! I will definitely repurchase this but the beauty of diluting it with conditioner for a more pastel shade is that it will last for approximately 8 applications!

And just for your amusement I thought it would be fun to include a couple of silly photo's. My partner was taking the pictures of me out in the garden and let's just say I got a little bit silly as usual :)

Pink Hair Schwarzkopf XXL Ultra Brights

I hope this has been helpful for you lovely colour junkies out there!

You Might Also Like

24 comments

  1. I am so tempted to dye my hair pink, the only think stopping me is work! This is such a good for you, I love it!

    Belle x
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thats rubbish :( people at work know I'm crazy so i get away with it hehe xx

      Delete
  2. Looks great, such a nice colour Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair looks AMAZING like this!! I wish I could pull off pink hair!! You're beautiful hun :) xxx.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I imagine you could definitely pull of pink hair Kayleigh :) Thank you xx

      Delete
  4. That looks lovely. You really suit it. I love your top btw. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweet :) I do believe it was from Zara xx

      Delete
  5. You look so pretty. Love your hair.

    xx

    www.forevermissvanity.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, I want to join you in a pastel parade! I'm too chicken to dye my hair! I've chalked it and have coloured (cobalt blue) extensions in right now, but I've never gone the whole way! Good on you! I followed you with GFC. Hope you can follow back!

    : signe
    : the daily savant :
    : the daily savant : Blog Lovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's only semi permanent so it comes out in a few washes. Do send me a link if you brave it and go for it. Would love to see :) x

      Delete
  7. I love this! I tweeted about dying my hair purple!! :) hehe and I'm linking you in the post I write xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww Katie I love you with pink hair and you look amazing in these pictures. It really suits you xxx

    Danielle || Miss Sunshine & Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Danielle. It's faded now and I'm having withdrawal symptoms hehehe xx

      Delete
  9. Love your hair!! Really suits you! Thanks for sending me your link, now following :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So pleased you like it :) Thanks for the follow X

      Delete
  10. You're hair looks so beautiful with pink! Ah I'm jealous! I really want to try this, but with purple I don't think it'd work on my brown hair thought! Fab post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A dark purple might look nice on darker hair :) xx

      Delete
  11. Did you bleach your hair first or no? How long did it last and did it permanently leave any weird color hue? I have dirty blonde hair and want to give it a go! :)

    ReplyDelete

Follow my Twitter