lifestyle

Talking about fitness | Zombies 5K App | KatieLewLa

Friday, August 16, 2013

weight loss, fitness, zombies 5k app, iPhone, jogging, running

Good evening me lovelies :)

Todays post is something a little different!
For a while now I've been wanting to get back in to some sort of fitness regime. For a good 6 months I'd say, I was doing Zumba on my wii practically every day and managed to shed over 2 stone. That was about a year and a half ago now. I've been much happier since I've lost weight. I wouldn't say I was by any means 'overweight' but when you're not happy with the way you look I guess the only thing you can do is try your damn hardest to change it! I eat fairly healthily anyway but teamed with exercise I managed to work of some pounds and the outcome was a much more trim, healthier and happy me :)


It's taken a whole lot of courage on my behalf to feel brave enough to show you before and after pictures. But I don't really see any other way that you can see my results other than for me to brave it. I'm not the most body confident person so I'm trusting that this friendly community will appreciate how difficult it is to post images such as these for the world to see.

weight loss, fitness, zombies 5k app, iPhone, jogging, running

I don't know how well you can see the difference. I know it's not too dramatic but to me it feels like it. As I said it's been about 18 months since I lost my weight and the challenge (as much as losing it) is keeping it off afterwards. I've managed to stick at my current weight, however since I stopped doing Zumba regularly my skin has become looser due to the weight loss. I recently decided I needed to tone up again and I'd like to share with you the way that I'm doing that.

My main problem when starting a fitness regime is the motivation and interest to start. I get bored so easily. I could never do the same thing everyday as I'd soon lose interest and be distracted by other things. I did love doing zumba because I could change it up every session so I needed to find something that would inspire me again! One night after work I decided to look through some apps on my iPhone as there are currently so many good fitness apps out there. Thats when I came across........

weight loss, fitness, zombies 5k app, iPhone, jogging, running
image found on google

What an app this is!!

Zombies 5K is a fitness app which consists of an 8 week training program. Not only that, it's set in a Zombie apocalypse and the story unfolds as you continue the training. There are 3 workouts a week which progress both physically and narratively. I find this app so motivating it's unreal. You can set the app to play your own music playlists in the background and the story will come in over the top of your music throughout the workout. The sessions each run at approximately 40 minutes and aren't too strenuous, so if you're worried about not keeping up or finding it difficult I can assure you that it allows for resting periods and for you to push yourself or relax as much as you feel comfortable. 

I've been so inspired to get up in a morning and go out for my jog whilst using this app. I've never really been in to jogging, which I think is mainly down to finding it boring. However this app certainly helps to liven things up somewhat. That and the fact that since I've moved house I now have a nature reserve practically in my front garden. Why would anyone not use that to their advantage? hehe! The story certainly fuels me to continue and also to find out more each day. There is much humour in it's compelling story and some of the accents and characters really do make me giggle. But be warned, this app will have you repeatedly checking over your shoulder for any stray zombies lingering behind you (or is that just me??).

I think I'll do another update of my progress in another couple of weeks because hopefully I'm going to be able to stick at it for that long. Then I plan to go onto the Zombies Run app in which you complete missions and run for your life in zombie chases. Sounds so much fun doesn't it? 

Let me know if you've tried this app or if there are any others which have motivated you because I'll definitely try them....
Hope you enjoy.



You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. This sounds like such an awesome idea for an app!! I am awful at running but something like this would definitely get me more into the swing of it. However, like you, I think I would be checking over my shoulder all of the time and probably have nightmares!! haha :)
    You're looking amazing btw!
    Natalie xoxo
    The Blonde Ethos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Natalie :) I'm working hard hehe

      It's really great and so motivating.... No nightmares as of yet haha xx

      Delete
  2. Wow that sounds like such a good app! I might try it when the kids go back to school so the park behind mine is quieter ;) also, you looked great before as well as after! Definitely motivates me to start doing my Zumba DVD! xx
    www.LaurasHaven.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I played it on the wii and the game is great :) I just get bored of it after a while and need a change. I'll probably go back to it at some stage... x

      Delete
  3. You look amazing hun - wish my tum was as super-toned as yours! :-)

    My Fiancé has signed us up for a 10k run in October, so I'm just getting back into training now...maybe I need to get a bit of zombie action in my life...!!

    Vanessa x
    www.vanessaeves.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I think you ought to :) It's a right giggle hehe I'm really enjoying it and so is my body! x

      Delete

Follow my Twitter