beauty

Bourjois Color Boost Lip Crayon Review | Orange Punch | KatieLewLa

Sunday, August 25, 2013

bourjois color boost lip crayon review orange punch

Good evening lovelies :)

Today's review is of the fairly new and much talked about Bourjois Color Boost Lip Crayon in Orange Punch. Unfortunately this was the only one that really stood out to me as the rest are Red's & Pinks which are not my colour at all. (Not a lover of pinky shades) Hopefully there will be more releases for A/W with a wider variety of shades that I'll find more appealing as I'm pleasantly surprised by how much I like this one.
So onto the nitty gritty...

Bourjois isn't really a brand that I own a lot of. However in recent weeks they've brought out some extremely appealing items which I couldn't resist but pick up the second they hit the shelves - true beauty blogger style. I didn't jump on the Clinique Chubby Sticks bandwagon, as I like to think of myself as more of a budget beauty buyer. Also I completely missed out the Revlon Balm Stains craze every one of us seemed to go on. But you'll be pleased to know I'm riding well on the Bourjois Color Boost Lip Crayon bandwagon :)

Firstly the packaging and over all design of this lip crayon make it super easy to keep reapplying throughout the day. I'd say it's perfect for popping in your bag and effortlessly applying without the need for precision and great effort. Also a really appealing lip product for the summer months with it's added SPF to care for that pout!

Secondly it applies like a dream. The texture is really smooth and applies without tugging at your lips at all due to some yummy lip loving ingredients such as Sunflower oil & Silk extract. It glides over your lips and after only a few swipes leaves them with a glossy smooth finish without the nasty sticky feeling I dislike about lip glosses. Although I still get the odd ever so irritating hair stuck to my lips every time the wind blows :(   

The pigmentation of this item also impresses me although it's possibly not as orange as I would have liked. I've come to the conclusion that my lips must naturally be quite red, as 'orange punch' appears to look more of a darker red that an orange on me, does anyone else agree?

The lasting power is something that disappoints me quite a lot. Now I never expected that it really would last for 10 hours like it claims, however a couple of hours if I'm lucky is quite disappointing I would say. In it's defence even though the gloss wears off very quickly it does leave a stain for an added couple of hours. I'd say approximately 3 hours would be a slightly more realistic number which for a lipstick wouldn't be so bad when it's as easy as this to apply. I do like that it leaves a stain for longer and I'm quite interested to experiment with blotting off the gloss and just leaving the stain.. Has anyone else done this?

In terms of Hydration I give this lip crayon a thumbs up. It doesn't cling to any dry parts of my lips and certainly doesn't dry them out further like some lip products do. I wouldn't say it adds a lot of extra moisture like a lip balm would, however it's much more moisturising than your average lip product which makes it a winner for me! Furthermore the SPF included is a huge bonus. I can wear this out on a sunny day without worrying about drying my lips out.

bourjois color boost lip crayon review katielewla

As I said I really hope that they bring out more shades for the A/W months as I'm really enjoying popping this on before I go to work in an evening just to add a little extra pop of colour to my look without it being too much. It ticks a lot of boxes for me and the only things I can complain about are it's staying power and the limited range of colours.

The full range are available at boots for just £7.99 and are currently on offer 3 for 2 :)



You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. I found the same thing with this one! Gorgeous colour, quite pigmented but the staying power was rubbish :( the red one lasts at least a couple of hours longer! Although I see you're not a fan of reds lol :)

    http://daniellabeautyjunkie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to be more of a fan of reds recently but I think I prefer lip stains to the glosses :) much better staying power X

      Delete
  2. These look so darn good, I'm so tempted to buy one :) It's a shame that it had staying power issues though, I wonder if they're all like that.
    Amy x
    -A Little Boat Sailing-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently the red ones have better staying power :) X

      Delete

Follow my Twitter