beauty

Ebay Summer bargains | Guest Post by Olivia Golding | KatieLewLa

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

eBay summer bargains


Summer bargains waiting for you on eBay

Now summer’s finally here, it’s time to pack away your tights and show off a new wardrobe of bright and beautiful clothing! The problem is, after all those months of cold and rain, my summer wardrobe is looking a bit bare.

Luckily, I’ve found some absolute bargains on eBay recently and I’ve discovered that with a bit of looking around, you can easily create some on-trend looks for half the price you would if you were buying them in the shops.

Obviously eBay is ever changing, but if you find yourself a good seller, you can return to them time and time again. So, here are some top eBay finds, as well as some uber-trendy items I’ll be looking to purchase while the sun is still shining!

Benefit

I love Benefit make-up, but there’s no denying it’s pretty pricey. Luckily, it’s a popular brand on eBay and if you hunt for sellers like this you can get everything from foundation and powder to lip gloss and mascara that is very close to the real thing. My personal favourite is High Lights by Technic (similar to Benefit’s High Beam) which gives a subtle but sexy shimmer when gently blended on your cheekbones.

Barry M nail polish

My number one nail polish colour for summer 2013 has got to be mint green. It’s fresh and a bit different, while still giving off a cool summery vibe. Plus it looks just as good clashed with red or pink as it does with tonal hues. This Barry M colour is one of my favourites.

Plaits

Plaits are a super cute way to wear your hair up when the weather’s hot. If your hair is too short and refuses to stay plaited, cheat and use some fake hair instead. I found these bargain braided hairbands for less than £2.

Midi dresses

Midi dresses are my summer evening staple. They’re stylish and look great with both heels and strappy sandals, while the longer sleeved versions are perfect for breezy nights when the sun’s set. This cool dress from Missguided has leatherette sleeves for a tough finish – I’d team it with heeled ankle boots.

Beanie hats

Unless you’ve been living in a bubble, you’ll be all too aware of Cara Delevingne and her style. Because of her beanie hats are huge at the moment (even though it’s 30 degrees C outside…) and you can save yourself money by picking one up on eBay.

Printed trousers

Patterned trousers are another summer essential for me. All you need to add is a simple vest or T-shirt and you’re ready to go. I spotted these Topshop beauties for considerably less than their £40 shop price! A quick search for ‘printed trousers’ will bring up all sorts of great results for you.

As you can see, you don’t have to spend hours trawling through the listings to find yourself a bargain. My advice is: if you want to buy something you know you’re only going to be wearing over summer, check eBay first. You’ll bag some great new clothes but without spending a fortune on things you’ll only wear for a few months.
Happy hunting!

"This post was contributed by Olivia Golding and I hope you enjoyed my post! I love finding a good bargain, especially with the choice of Missguided bikinis! I hope my post will help you get some decent items on the cheap, let us know in the comment below what you find! Thank you!"

Hope you've enjoyed this guest post from Olivia! Let us know what you think in the comments!


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. nice post olivia, I find it hard to find a bargain myself, although I have put myself on a spend ban !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm forever on a spending ban these days too :) x

      Delete

Follow my Twitter