beauty

L'Oreal Paris Makeup

Sunday, May 15, 2016

I think if you were to ask any beauty blogger "If you could only have one makeup brand for the rest of your life which would it be?" they would be able to give you a straight answer pretty fast. We wouldn't all have the same answer because as we know what one person loves another might hate. We all have completely unique skin and appearances, therefore different brands suit different peoples needs. We pretty much hoard beauty products and find it harder to resist the latest makeup products than most. This gives us an advantage! I can honestly say, I have tried that many numerous variations of bronzers, concealers, foundations, eyeshadows, mascaras etc etc to know which ones tick my boxes and for me the majority of those options are ticked by L'Oreal Paris.

my favourite drugstore brand. L'Oreal Paris.

For a long time I've been a focused, budget buyer. I've never felt the need to spend more than is necessary on beauty products and I've never been so unsatisfied with drugstore products that I've needed to splurge on a more expensive brand. However I will admit that until recent years L'Oreal wasn't a brand that interested me much since it was considered one of the more expensive drugstore brands and to be frank, my student budget couldn't handle it. I can safely say that my old school opinion on this has done a complete 180. It all started with me trying a couple of products that impressed me more than I could bear to admit at the time, and since then my love for L'Oreal Paris makeup has spiralled a bit out of control. Now when I take a trip to Boots, I make a beeline for the L'Oreal stand without a doubt. If i'm looking for something in particular whether it be an eyeliner or foundation I will always try to find what I want on the L'Oreal stand first before drifting between other brands. 9 times out of 10 they deliver exactly what I want and more. When they don't deliver it's not usually long before they bring out new products that exceed my expectations.
superliner blackbuster, collection privée by frieda

You may be thinking "hmmmm this isn't a great deal of L'Oreal products" but believe me it took a while to narrow down a reasonable amount of my favourites to share in this post.

I won't focus entirely on the Super Liner Blackbuster but rather L'Oreal eyeliners as a more general term. I have tried a number of different eyeliners in my time (being the cat flick queen that I am) and L'Oreals eyeliners always come up trumps. I just find that their particular designs offer precision and make life much easier when applying cat flicks and more intricate eyeliner designs. Their staying power is fantastic whether you want a minimal day look (which I do more often than not) or a more dramatic evening/party look using a product such as the Super Liner Blackbuster. Just fantastic.

I dare to admit that I'm not much of a lipstick girl myself, mainly because I'm all about the eyes. Unless I'm going for a dramatic lip look for an evening out I will always opt for a nude lip if I wear any lip product at all. That's wear the L'oreal Paris Colour Riche Exclusive Nudes collection comes in. They have a variety of 6 shades to suit different complexions and they apply so smoothly that I barely notice I'm wearing it. That ticks boxes for me since I hate the feeling of having sticky or cakey lips. If you're on the lookout for a lovely nude shade than definitely have a browse at this collection.

Infallible stay fresh foundation, volume million lashes excess, super liner brow artist

Foundation is something that I rarely ever wear. Mainly because they break me out like you wouldn't believe and I'd almost come to accept that my skin just wasn't designed to wear foundation. Cue L'Oreal Infallible Stay Fresh Foundation that has changed my opinion completely. It doesn't mean I now wear foundation everyday, quite the contrary. What it does mean is that I have a good foundation that I can use for nights out or extra coverage when I need it without the fear of breaking out the following day. This is a fantastic foundation that has amazing coverage, is easily buildable, doesn't feel too heavy on your skin and gives a lovely dewy appearance once applied.

I do believe I've mentioned before that this mascara is a great all rounder for Holidays, nights away or for simply keeping in your bag for touch ups. That's because everything you need is right there in one product. Not only does it have a pencil to fill in and shape your brow, it also has the brow brush to tame hairs and then a finishing gel to keep them in place and avoid and product fall. A fantastic 3 in 1 eyebrow product.

False Lash Superstar in red carpet black

You'll be pleased to know that I've saved the best for last and that is their range of Mascaras.

Mascara
I cannot begin to tell you how much I LOVE L'Oreal Paris Mascaras. I used to think that my eyelashes looked pretty good until I used my first L'Oreal mascara and then I realised I'd been kidding myself the whole time. They take my eyelashes to a whole other level and I don't think I will ever look back. There isn't a single mascara of theirs that I have tried and been disappointed with. Usually if I find one product in a brand that I like, I'll keep repurchasing it but my faith in L'Oreal is so strong that when I run out of one of their mascaras it only excites me that I can try a new one (regardless of the fact that I have about 4 going at any one time). My current favourites are Miss Manga Punky, False Lash Superstar and Volume Millions Lashes.

Overall I think I've covered quite a lot of there products that really work for me and I know they work for many others. If like me you're initially put off by the slightly higher price tag to brands such as Maybelline or Collection for example I urge you to give it a try because those few extra pounds have made the world of difference for me. That slightly higher price tag gives you a better quality product and one that I feel delivers to a higher level than most cheaper drugstore brands. Don't get me wrong there are still products from other brands that I adore and I will always continue to experiment with my makeup and try new products from a number of a different brands. L'Oreal has simply become the brand that I have most faith in and if I'm looking for quality then that is exactly where I go.

What is your favourite makeup brand?
Do you have any favourite L'Oreal products that I haven't mentioned in this post? 

Please let me know in the comments or on social media by follow the links below.

Follow

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. It's true that in recent years, L'Oréal has improved so much, in terms of quality and of packaging! Must be the blogging effect I guess, it has made them want to up their game a little :p The lipsticks are indeed amazing, the Nudes collection is super pretty, but I also love their pink lipsticks collection they've come out with a couple months ago for their spring collection. I am yet to try a good mascara from them, so I'm keeping your suggestions in case I decide to get one! :)

    Julia x
    Check out my last travel post here: http://juliaspeaksbeauty.blogspot.fr/2016/05/week-in-england-2-glimpse-of-reading.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they have a few new ones out recently that you could try :) I'm yet to find a mascara of theirs I don't like. They much choose suit my eyelashes x

      Delete
  2. Their foundations and bronzer/highlight duo are two of my all time favourites! I'm really struggling to find a great mascara so will pop over the next time I run out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it :) they've just brought out a Miss Hippie mascara which I'm dying to try xx

      Delete
  3. Hmmmm... I wonder what brand I would choose... I can't make my mind up. But I must say I do really like loreal. Their foundation is my go foundation. I really want to explore more from their range!
    Kookii || Beauty By Her♥

    ReplyDelete

Follow my Twitter