Nails

Nails of the Week | Natural Dots

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

I am seriously rocking the simple nails recently. I don't know if it's because I got out of the habit of painting them, so I'm now slowly introducing it again and choosing simple designs. Or maybe they just look amazing and that's why I'm going for them. What do you think? 



These nails take no time at all. Perfect for if you don't have much time to dedicate to your nails but still want them to look fashionable and eye-catching. The colour I've used for these is Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Paint in the shade 503 Lychee. It's a lovely nude beige and as with all Barry M polishes it applies so easily with no bubbles leaving a smooth high shine finish just as it promises.

I created the simple spots using...... wait for it..... a sharpie! Yes, a sharpie! (Buy Sharpies Here) Amazing right? Sharpies are so easy to use on nails because you can have so much more control over the pen than you often do with regular nail art pens. The trick here is to make sure your base polish is completely dry before using the sharpie to make sure you don't cause dents or smudges. After you've applied the sharpie, give it sufficient time to try so that it doesn't smudge when you apply a top coat. If you are short on time then you can apply top coat immediately after but apply it in a dabbing motion so as not to smudge the spots. Be careful when applying the top coat. Take your time in manoeuvring around the sharpie design so as not to smudge.


I really am enjoying creating simple designs recently. I'd love for you to make any recommendations below on what nails of the week you'd like to see next.

Don't forget to follow me via BlogLovin using the link below to keep up to date with KatieLewLa.

Follow


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Love these! How cool that you used a sharpie! So simple! Much love, Jade x

    www.jadeannloves.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like simple :) although I love beauty etc I can't be bothered to spend too much time on things. xx

      Delete

Follow my Twitter