beauty

January Favourites | Beauty, Books & Fitness

Sunday, February 14, 2016

Firstly, apologies that my January Favourites is a tad behind. If you follow my Instagram you'll know that I've been away for the week so I'm a little delayed. Better late than never though right?

I don't think I usually have this many monthly favourites but I couldn't seem to decide upon them this time. I have quite a few to mention so I'll get straight to it.


As someone who isn't a fan of glossy, sticky, irritating lipsticks and glosses, I am always on the lookout for products that appose all of these things. The Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvets tick all the boxes for me. They are so velvety and matte on application and feel really soft and non sticky on your lips. They have very impressive staying power and don't show up dry patches which is always a plus for those of us who don't look after their lips half as much as they should. At £8.99 each they aren't the cheapest of drugstore lipsticks but they are 100% worth every penny. They feel much more expensive and luxorious than they are, the quality and feel of these lipsticks is lovely, I recommend them without a shadow of doubt.

This product has been a lifesaver for me over the last few weeks. During the summer months I can find this cream a bit too heavy, however when my skin has dried up during this bout of cold weather I have reached for it more often. Not only that, it's been great for dabbing on spots to help fade red marks and heal them quicker. I find that when I apply this all over my face and neck at night, I wake up with much smoother and calmer looking skin. I've also been applying a bit to my lips at night and this has really helped to speed up healing of chapped lips. A strong recommendation for those with sensitive skin.

Any avid Soap and Glory fans amongst my readers will understand that Sugar Crush is just a heavenly scent. I love the Sugar Crush shower gel so when they brought out a body spray to match the scent I was sold straight away, no messing. I much prefer using a body spray to perfume these days and I love the soap and glory body sprays but this one is now my favourite. Imagine smelling like sugar crush all day - drooooools.


I've raved about this product quite a lot recently so I won't keep you for too long. There is a full review of the Ultra Sculpt & Contour Kit HERE. To keep it short and sweet, the colours in this palette are perfect for me with a warmer skin tone. The products all have golden undertones and everything you need is all in one place, perfect for when you're on the go. I've been using this pretty much every day. I deviate from it sometimes but always come back to it, and that's got to be a good sign. Makeup Revolution products are so affordable that they're definitely worth trying.

Whilst we're raving about Makeup Revolution products here's another one to add to my growing list of love for them. This Blush palette literally has all I'll ever need in terms of pinky coloured blushes. I'm not a girl who likes to hoard endless individual blushes, so this keeps my makeup drawers a little neat and tidier as they're all in once place. These blushers are very pigmented so you don't need to use a lot of product. The staying power isn't absolutely fantastic but it lasts a good few hours before needing re-application. The packaging and mirror means it's perfect to take on holiday or to keep in your bag for makeup application on the go. It's a win win for me.


Sugar Cookie Candle
I bought this candle from TK Maxx around christmas time and it is absolutely heavenly. I'm going to be so sad when it runs out because I doubt I'll find another the same. The scent is Sugar Cookie and it's not too dissimilar to Yankee Candles Christmas Cookie with it's sweet buttery scent. It's actually the first three wick candle I've used and I'm very impressed. It burns really evenly and doesn't leave memory rings as the wax melts faster. If anyone has seen these candles anywhere else then please let me know as I have fallen in love and never want to part with it.

I received my Fitbit for my Birthday last year and I've rarely gone a day without it since. More recently I've been utilising it to it's full potential as I've been sticking to healthy eating and have started jogging again. It's great for keeping up to speed with how many steps you've taken, miles you've walked, hours you've slept along with many other things. The most impressive aspect for me is its ability to continuously track your heart rate. This is a welcomed feature for me at the moment as I am always intrigued to see how high my heart rate gets whilst jogging and pushes me that bit further to improve my fitness and general heart health. Wearing the Fitbit definitely makes me more aware of how active I am and encourages me to do more and we all need a bit of motivation in our lives.

I have to admit that I am not a regular foundation wearer. More often than not, foundations clog my pores causing me to have break outs. Introducing the L'Oreal Infalliable Foundation. WOW. I saw this foundation on a makeup routine video of Lily Melrose on YouTube and I had to try it for myself. I am so impressed with this product that I find myself using it more often than I would usually apply a foundation just because I enjoy using it. Furthermore, it does not - I repeat does not - break me out. Bonus! The coverage of this foundation is exceptional and leaves me with a lovely dewy, natural looking complexion. Another one to add to the collection of my love for L'Oreal at the moment!


Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Pink Pepper & Mint
I've used Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish on and off for as long as I can remember and this christmas I was bought the Limited Edition Pink Pepper & Mint version. As someone with sensitive skin this all natural product is a dream to use and is jam packed full of goodness that my skin always thanks me for. The Pink Pepper & Mint version is no exception to that rule. I like to leave this on as a five minute face mask whilst I'm showering and I believe it works wonders for calming my skin. The pink pepper & mint gives my skin that tingly clean feeling when I leave it on a little longer and the results are calmer and more radiant skin. Try it for yourself.

Kindle Paperwhite | After You - Jojo Moyes
I'm pretty certain I've expressed my love for my kindle before. The ease of having all your books in one place is the ultimate organisational treat. But this mention isn't all about the kindle, it's about my love for 'After You' by Jojo Moyes. 'After You' is the sequel to Jojo Moyes 'Me Before You' - A heartbreaking story of love, loss and life. 'After You' follows the story of Lousia Clark and how she continues to make her way through life after losing the one she loves. It's an inspiring and surprisingly funny story of how Louisa makes a new life for herself, how she heals, learns to love again and push herself to achieve things she put off for so long in the loss of her previous love. I literally could not put this book down. Jojo Moyes has a way of drawing you in, keeping you entertained and making you want to know more about the characters. I have to admit it didn't grip me emotionally as much as it's prequel but it was still a great read and I'll definitely be reading more from Jojo Moyes in the future. In fact I already have a few prepped and ready on my Kindle.
I hope you've enjoyed having a nosey through my January favourites. I'd love to hear your experiences of any of the things I've mentioned in this post. Don't forget to follow me on BlogLovin to keep up to date with all my posts using the link below.

Follow
 

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. I am loving my kindle lately too, but I'm loving crime stories at the moment1

    Lilies and Lipbalm
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm also reading a crime thriller at the moment :) x

      Delete
  2. I have to say that I like your choices. I have a Kindle Paperwhite and love it. I always make sure I have it when I travel.
    Looking forward to trying some of the other mentioned products!

    Erica K.
    www.beautyonthebayou.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I can pass hours with my head stuck in a good book :) x

      Delete
  3. Totally agree with your review on After You, I loved it but not as much as Me Before You. I can't wait for it to be release in the cinema later this year!! Also love the sound of the Make Up Revolution blush palette, I've been looking to get a new blush soon so this sounds perfect!

    Charlotte | Just Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooooh thats made me rather giddy! I didn't know they were bringing out as a film :D eeeeeek! Such a beautiful story xx

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this post! The fitbit looks so intriguing and I so need to start reading After You! Will let you know what I think when I do <3 x

    eleanorclaudie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Follow my Twitter