Nails

O.P.I Original Nail Envy Review | KatieLewLa

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Over the next few weeks I'm going to try and do some reviews on things that were bought for me at christmas! Thought it would be a great way to show you some of the lovely gifts I got & maybe also some that I haven't loved so much....

Up first is........


OPI original nail envy review

I've heard soooooo many bloggers rave about the O.P.I nail envy nail strengthener but as much as I try to avoid being a sheep this was bought for me so I'm adding to the hype!

 I always use some type of nail treatment as a base coat, I've been using the avon gold strength for quite a while but have been testing this since I got it for christmas. I must admit that I never really notice a difference with these products because I assume that naturally my nails are pretty rock solid. Either that or whatever I have been using previously has worked. BUT........ with this I must say there was a noticeable difference. When I'd had it on for a couple of weeks under various other nail polishes and then removed it my nails were literally ROCK HARD (like, you cannot bend them at all) I'd go as far to say that it would be quite a challenge to break one (not that I'm going to try). 

The consistency is quite runny when you apply it so try to scrape a little bit off the brush beforehand or you'll end up with it all over your fingers. It also does take a few minutes to dry so if you use it as a base coat like me then I would advise leaving your nails a while to ensure its dry before applying a colour. I have experienced quite a bit of streaking over the past couple of weeks when using this so I need to investigate further into whether it is this causing it or the polishes I'm using :( maybe I'll try applying a base coat over the top of this as well. 

I'll be totally honest, I highly doubt I would pay £18.75 when my avon gold strength seems to be good enough for me, however I would recommend it for those who have particularly soft nails and need something extra strength to give them a boost. For someone who already has pretty strong nails although you may notice a difference is it really worth all that money? I'm not so sure....

Let me know what you think??? 
Have you tried it before???

Hope you enjoy


You Might Also Like

19 comments

  1. Everyone I know says this is the best nail strengthener, but I don't think I could spend nearly £20 for it! xx

    http://belle-amiebeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't pay that much for it..... Try the avon one :) xxx

      Delete
  2. This treatment has saved my nails, I admit I am an ex nail biter, so my nails werent ever in the best condition. I overcame that though, and opi nail envy has just strengthened them and made them grow so nicely! So pleased with the results!

    Leanne @ Leanne-Marie | Beauty, fashion & lifestyle. x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So good to hear :) it's difficult for me to tell as my nails are really quite strong anyway xxx

      Delete
  3. I love, love, love nail envy. My sister is a nail tech and gave me a bottle and it is amazing....tad expensive i don't know if i would pay that much but as lkng as i can keep stealing some from her i'll use it! Haha great review! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yessss keep stealing lol I need a sister like yours xxx

      Delete
  4. It's definitely out of my price range but it does sound really good, think I'll have a look at that Avon one xx

    Lucy Loves To Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the avon one :) give it a try and so much cheaper xxx

      Delete
  5. I've recently got this too, after hearing amazing things about it. Not been using it long enough to tell whether it's made a difference yet, but I got mine off eBay for about £10, definitely worth checking eBay if you're after something a little on the pricey side xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooo great advice... I just worry about fakes on ebay but I'll do my research :D xxx

      Delete
  6. I agree with you, the Avon one is good :) and cheaper! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you agree :) and it's nice and shimmery :) xxx

      Delete
  7. Just bought the double pack off Asos for £18.
    You get the Original and the Matte version for FREE!
    My Nails were really in bad shape, so i needed something to help me out fast....hope it works. Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooo might have to check that out thanks xx

      Delete
  8. Ive been considering bying this one or the avon one, as i have been painting my nails so much recently and the effects are not good. my nails have become really soft and keep breaking :( think i might give the avon one a try and if that doesnt help, im going to buy the opi one. Thanks for this review! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for your reviews! It is pricey but
    check out other sites to purchase. Have fun ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for your reviews! It is pricey but
    check out other sites to purchase. Have fun ladies!

    ReplyDelete

Follow my Twitter