Nails

Nails of the week - Tie die effect | KatieLewLa

Sunday, July 29, 2012

As I'm feeling all 'peace and love' recently i decided to attempt a tie die effect. I'd looked into various ways to do it e.g water marbling but to be honest they all looked rather time consuming so i invented my own way :D Very similar to creating the gradient effect using a cosmetic sponge but placing dots on the sponge rather than stripes :D easy peasy lemon squeeeezy and i LOVE them. I'll definitely be experimenting with different colours but i'm feeling very into orange and yellow at the moment.

I'd love to add peace symbols to these nails so i've just ordered a nail stamper kit on eBay for an absolute bargain. Maybe next time they'll be added on tooooooo. Can't wait!


Nails of the week Tie die effect
Nails of the week Tie die effect

What do you think? Do you like my tie die nails? If people are interested i can make a step by step picture guide/tutorial on how to create this effect on nails.


You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. those are sooo pretty :) loving the colors, they're so vibrant. awesome blog by the way! <3

    I awarded you on my blog with the "Liebster Award"
    You can check it out if you're interested :)

    hope you have a fab day hun! ~ xx
    Chriissydollxo's Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaww thank you so much :) i'll check it out now. x

      Delete
  2. i tagged you in a post on my blog. check it out! :)

    www.sultanassanctuary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. this looks amazing! Reminds me of a Zap lolly! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are amazing! Love them xo
    Having a giveaway on my blog if your interested:
    Times2style

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute, I'm definitely going to have to attempt it myself :) xx

    http://hedgehogloves.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that looks so good! I'm not gonna try to do it myself haha but I will just admire your pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Follow my Twitter