beauty

Supermarket and Home Bargains Haul | KatieLewLa

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

So over the past few days i've picked up a few bits and bobs from Sainsbury's & Home Bargains. I absolutely love a bargain and all of these were definite bargain buys! A couple of things are ready for when i start Uni again in september to do my masters. Eeeeeeeek!

Supermarket and Home Bargains Haul

Dove Summer Glow Daily Face Moisturiser
A few days ago i bought the dove summer glow body moisturiser because i was on a budget and wanted to look sun kissed for a christening i went to on sunday. I tried using the product on my face and it made me break out. Today i noticed this little beauty in Home Bargains for only £1.99 (Bargain right?) because i loved the body moisturiser so much i thought i'd definitely try this, the only downside being that they only had the one for medium to dark skin so i shall see how i get on with it.

Set of two A5 paperback notebooks
While i'm at uni i'm going to be keeping a few different logs of my progress on different subjects throughout the 2 years so i thought that these would be great for that. Such a cute pattern and only £1.59 from home bargains (what a shop).

Straight Stuff Hair Repairing Kit
Must admit i've never seen these before but my boyfriends mum swears by them as she suffers with dry hair from having it chemically straightened. At 69p for 3 twin sachet treatments how could i say no to trying these little beauties? They claim to "coat the hair with special topical oils to relax and straight your hair". We shall see.

Schwarzkopf Supersoft Detangling Spray
Due to bleaching my hair it has become so damaged which is why i recently took the plunge and went ombre so i would have to keep bleaching my roots but could still keep some blonde. I've also ditched all heat styling in the hope to get my hair back to health. Because its in bad condition it tangles so easily and when i've washed it i can't get a comb through it to save my life, I end up pulling so much hair out trying to comb it :(. I saw this for £1 and thought i may swell try it & see if it works any miracles.

Material Notebooks
I've had my eye on the hand stitched notebooks in paper chase for a while but i just couldn't justify spending £10 even though they're really nice. When i saw these in Sainsbury's on Buy one get one free i thought bye bye paper chase notebook, hello £2.99 for two notebooks haha i'm into orange at the minute so i really love these. Can't wait to start jotting in them :D

Multi Purpose Sprayer
As i mentioned my hair is so damaged and after reading many reviews about hair damage & trying to grow your hair longer i discovered many saying that using an oil on your scalp can help. I read one review which mentioned adding some drops of jojoba oil into a spray bottle with water and she swore by it so i picked this up for 39p so i could try this trick.

Dove Summer Glow Nourishing Lotion
As i mentioned earlier i have fallen in love with this. Its on offer in Sainsbury's at the moment at about £2.50 which is cheap compared to how much i've paid for fake tanning products in the past. I love this stuff, i've started using it religiously every other day and the results have been great for me. No streaks, no over-powering biscuit smell, just an even subtle glow and i love it.

So thats my bargain haul shared :D I can't wait to try out all of these things (in fact i'm hopping in the shower now to try my bargain hair treatment) Hope i've given you motivation to visit a home bargains store because they really are amazing!!


You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. Try argan oil babe! Get get it from superdrug for no more than £10 an it's save my hair and I bleach mine too :) they do shampoo, conditioner and serum! Theyre all brilliant but I'd suggest using the serum first, it also helps and makes your hair dry quicker!

    Loves :) xxxz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Jess might try that. I'll try anything haha

      xxx

      Delete
  2. I love the Dove summer glow- never tried the face one but I think I'll steer clear if it breaks you out! I recently got the medium to dark one by mistake and actually preferred it, if I pat it in really well there are no streaks and I get the colour I want in fewer layers without it being too dark!xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the body moisturiser that made my face break out, i've been using the face one for a couple of days and it seems to be ok so far :D I would recommend it.

      Delete
  3. thank you for your comment on my last post, I did make it & you can have one! When i launch my skincare product you'll get a 'free neil' with every order :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhhh i want a 'neil' he is so cute. I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for the launch of your skincare product x

      Delete
  4. I have an odd obsession with cute notebooks, I buy so many of them but haven't used a lot of them. I guess they are just nice to look at

    Great post!

    www.iampiscesw.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too actually haha i have a few that are just too pretty to write in, so i save them..... for what i don't know!

      Delete
  5. I chose you for The Liebster Blog Award, check out my post at http://ohsokansas.blogspot.com/2012/07/liebster-blog-award.html
    -Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :D

      I'm gonna blog about it this afternoon.

      Delete
  6. I like items from Dove :) I'm following you now :)

    http://anna-and-klaudia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to see if the straight stuff hair repair kit works.......

    Michelle @ bodytakesabeating.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Follow my Twitter