hair

Stop heat styling - Hair growth tips | KatieLewLa

Sunday, July 29, 2012

For a while now i have been blonde and as much as i love it I'm afraid to say that mums are always right. It ruins your hair. Recently more so than ever, after a few years of giving my hair abuse, its finally giving me some back. My hair has begun to snap and fall out when combing (sad times) so a few weeks ago i decided to give my hair some overdue TLC. I've ditched the use of all heat styling tools and splashed out on some hair treatments. So far the results have been amazing which is why i want to share with you my new regime!

Yes there looks a lot here! I can never stick to just one product..... Give me a chance to explain :-)











Shampoo & Conditioners.

Matrix Biolage. Colour Care Shampoo- Because I have quit using permanent hair dyes I've been using semi permanent as they are less damaging and i wanted the colour to last as long as possible. Introducing matrix biolage colour care! This stuff is so nice to use, it lathers up so well and i find that it really does wonders for the colour. Not only does it help the colour last longer it gives it shine which is something my hair has lacked for a LONG time. Also i find it blends my roots well so they aren't as obvious (if this makes any sense?) A little goes a long way with this product so its lasting me a while.

Matrix Biolage. Colour Care Conditioner- The conditioner is nice although its nothing special it does its job. It leaves my hair less tangled and soft. I wasn't expecting miracles as its not a deep conditioner.

Herbal Essences. Fresh Balance. Shampoo & Conditioner- A few months ago i made a post about how greasy my hair had become and also a post about the results of this range. I love it and i know wash my hair with it once every other week to remove any product buildup. I would recommend anyone uses a lot of product on their hair to use a clarifying shampoo every once in a while. Gives it new life.


Stop heat styling Hair growth tips


Intensive Conditioners/ Hair Masks.

Tigi. Bed Head. Dumb Blonde Reconstructor- I've had this product for a while and have just rediscovered it. I used to find it weighed my hair down but i realise now that it was because at the time i didn't need it. However now it is working wonders. This leave in treatment is a protein reconstructor & as i have lost many proteins through colouring my hair this gives it the help it needs. About once a month i put this conditioner into my hair at night and sleep with it in and shampoo & condition my hair the following morning. Works like a dream for me. I've found that a lot less hair snaps and falls out when combing.

Aussie. 3 Minute Miracle. Colour Deep Treatment- So many people i know swear by this and its so cheap so why not try it? I use this once a week with my normal shampoo to give it some extra moisture. Smells lovely :) Katie likes nice smelling products.

Osmo. Intensive Deep Repair Mask- I had been considering going to the hairdressers and getting once of those deep conditioning treatments done but after speaking to my hairdresser she said to me that i could buy a tub of the stuff they use in hairdresser for a fraction of the price it costs to have the treatment done. I picked this up from a beauty wholesalers for £1.35 and it will last me quite a while as not a lot of product is needed. I use this every other week as an intensive conditioner and leave it on for about 15 minutes. it doesn't have much of a scent but by george it leaves my hair super soft and manageable.


Stop heat styling Hair growth tips

Leave in Conditioners.

Tigi. S Factor. Wonderful Tonight- I only recently purchased this overnight leave in conditioning treatment which you put onto dry hair the night before you plan to wash your hair. It smells divine (i think a bit like butterscotch) & I've found my hair to feel a lot softer and easier to comb through when I've used it. resulting in less hair loss. I now use this product religiously each night before i plan to wash my hair.

Redken. Extreme Anti-Snap- Another protein building product which smells equally divine. The smell of this reminds me of sour chewitts (good enough to eat). A lot of reviewers claim this product has aided their hair in growth & i would certainly have to agree. My hair has grown a good few inches in the few months i have been using this product.

Tigi. Bedhead. Ego Boost- Another amazing smelling product. This one was recommended by my hair dresser and i wisely listened to her :) A lot of leave in serums leave my hair greasy because my hair is so fine but this one doesn't have that effect at all. Definitely smooths down fly-away hairs and has also noticeably improved the condition of the ends of my hair. Keeping the ends in good condition is key to hair growth.


Stop heat styling Hair growth tips


Batiste. Dry Shampoo- Washing your hair too often results in a lack of natural oils that your scalp produces and lack of these natural oils slows down the hair growth quite considerably. Since deciding to ditch the heat and grow my hair I've only been washing my hair every 3 days. For the first 2 days my hair is grease free but for the 3rd day i spray a bit of dry shampoo and tie up my hair. Magic.

Schwarzkopf. Supersoft. Detangling Spray- As i mentioned my hair has become a lot more tangled resulting in hair loss when i comb through after washing. Using this detangling spray makes it easier to comb through resulting in less hair loss. Also it smells fruity and takes me back to my childhood hehe!

Jojoba Oil- I read many reviews online that mentioned using jojoba oil in your hair. I use this product mainly as part of my skincare routine but figured that since i already had it i may as well try it on my hair. I've started adding a couple of drops into my overnight conditioning treatment and massaging into my hair. It is said that this oil stimulates hair growth so we shall see :D I purchase essential oils for a great price from an eBay shop freshskinuk if your interested check it out.

Tesco. General wellbeing. Multivitamins- Why on earth have i got multivitamins in my haircare regime? The answer to that is because many vitamins are necessary for hair growth. Without vitamins such as A, B, C, D, E & K your hair can become weak, brittle, dull and prone to breaking. your body can't maintain healthy hair without these essential vitamins which is why i take one every morning and recommend you to do the same.


Thanks for reading. I hope this has been helpful and i've shown you some new products that may be a help to you. I've been thinking about doing a blog post on hair styles i have been sporting whilst ditching the heat. If your interested in seeing this post then please let me know & it shall be arranged.




You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. This is a great post. I've recently had more bleach on my hair (balayage) and I've noticed the condition has deteriorated. It's extremely dry and also bushy now. I alternate Kerastase and Aussie products but am thinking about using an oil treatment once a week to give it more moisture. I'd love to know how you get on with the Jojoba.

    Jess
    Styladelica

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use the redken too! I alternate each month or so between that and argan oil because my hair gets used to it :)

    Though it must be said I have alot more hair care products :L I just can't stop myself haha!

    Jessiebee1991.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use Redken Anti Snap and I find it works wonders on my hair:):) I agree that it smells gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really nice Beauty Tips for Hair which are very innovative for usage purposes to prevent from hair damage, Thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete

Follow my Twitter