beauty

Tag - Why do you wear makeup? | KatieLewLa

Saturday, October 20, 2012



This week the lovely Jemma from In The Name Of Beauty! tagged me in one of her posts which I thought I would follow up on as I quite enjoyed reading her answers.
It's pretty self explanatory really, I'l be answering a few questions about why I wear make-up.

So lets go.....

1. When did you begin loving makeup?
Actually only recently. The blogging community has had this influence on me. For a long time I never really wore make-up other than eye-liner, mascara and a bit of blusher as it often broke my skin out and made it look worse than it did to start with. But now I'm older & a lot wiser in terms of make-up so I like to experiment with new products & have discovered make-up that works for me :)

2. How do you feel without makeup?
Well like I'm sure any female would say, wearing make-up makes me feel a lot more self-confident. I often do go to the supermarket make-up free & it doesn't worry me too much but I'd never be brave enough to go to Uni or work without any on. This is nothing to do with me being fake/false or whatever some people might think, it's about how I feel without it. I'm not confident about my appearance to start with and if wearing make-up can make me like myself that little bit extra then why not? I don't cake myself in it I just use it to accentuate my features :)

3. What do you like about makeup?
I love that make-up can accentuate your best features. For example I have ridiculously dark eyes, without make-up they just look lost on my face, like two big black holes (think bride of chuckie) HAHA. Wearing the right colour eyeliner & mascara can really make them stand out & appear much more beautiful.

4. Three Holy Grail items? 
Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer (as every beauty blogger knows)
Benefit They're Real Mascara
Topshop Kohl Eyeliners

I could probably live with those 3 items alone if I had to :)

Now just as Jemma did I'll tag a few people who I'd like to see answer these questions & those will be a few of my favourite beauty bloggers. I would recommend you all to take a peek at their blogs because they're truly amazing!!


Hope you enjoy this post. Not 100% sure whether or not I like posting without any pictures so you may find I add some at a later date haha.





You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. thankyou for tagging me lovely :) I enjoyed reading your answers. Your eyes are lovely!! Id kill for beautiful dark eyes like yours! Totally agree with what you said about feeling more confident when you have make-up on. Im so jealous of people who can just happily go out without it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone loves make-up. Its just that extra bit of confidence or that colour of lipstick that makes girls feel special. Don't you think?
    Erica xo

    www.sushiturtlesandlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's funny.. I'm not that into beauty blogs but yours has got me captured :)
    And I really like this post, the lack of photos doesn't annoy me or anything at all! You should do more of these tags evenif you haven't been tagged in others :) Start one yourself! I just love reading your answers to questions.

    ps. not really that much into to makeup but you just made me go and buy that Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer :)

    Happy Sunday Katie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The good text doesn't need a picture ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a lovely post :) I agree with lots of your answers and adore that concealer too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Beth - your eyes are stunning! Great to get to know a bit more about you too :-)
    Have a great week hun!

    Vanessa x
    www.vanessaeves.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. great post!! loved reading it

    from helen at www.thelovecatsinc.com // @thelovecatsinc

    ps. enter my giveaway to win 30 beauty products inc. essie and more! it's worldwide too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great tag but it makes me sad to read you don't feel confident without makeup. Im not saying theres nothing wrong with makeup, just saying im sure u look pretty without it :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I might do this post :) Its weird how much you get to know someone just reading these. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. fab post! i find it fascinating the different views us bloggers have over makeup... you'd think we would be more similar than we actually are... i'm with u on the supermarket thing... no need for makeup there... i used to wear makeup for work when i worked for a larger company and therefore had more interaction with colleagues and clients but where i work now there are only 4 of us so i dont bother at all! (none of them are worth the effort teehee!) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Follow my Twitter