Nails

Nails of the week - Silver/Black Ombre | KatieLewLa

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Hello People :)

This week I again wanted something quite simple that would match all my outfits. Since it's getting colder and more wintery it's the first time I've reached for darker colours. I'm not a fan of sticking to just one colour as it's a bit boring for me so I'm especially loving the ombre trend as you've probably noticed. I haven't seen many ombre effects done with black which is why I fancied experimenting it myself.


Nails of the week Silver/Black Ombre

The results are that it went pretty well and i quite like it if i do say so myself :)

What do you think to them? Does it work? 


Here are the polishes I used.

Avon Nail Experts- Gold Strength Base Coat
Sinful- Met Glow Top Coat (wholesalers only)
Rimmel- 60 seconds in Black Out
17- Shimmer Silver (out of a set so it doesn't have a name)
Cosmetic Sponge (to create the gradient effect)

Voila!

Let me know what you think in the comments :)


You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. That looks so good!

    conceptofbudd.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks Amazing:)

    http://beautifulworldoflennynb.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so good, definitely going to give this a try :)

    Love your blog, Maddie xx
    maddie-elizabeth.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't sure how it would look but yeah i guess it works :) xxx

      Delete
  4. They look amazing Katie, how on earth did you do that?!
    Have a fab weekend hun :-)

    Vanessa x
    www.vanessaeves.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Using a cosmetics sponge :) really easy actually, I think i'll do a step by step picture guide next time. (could do with a personal photographer hehe)

      xxx

      Delete
  5. That looks so great! I think you should make a tutorial because I will never be able to recreate that without knowing what to do haha
    Maya
    archistas.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this... I've seen so many ombre nails but this colour combination works so well. Definitely going to give this a try, I have a great silver that would work well with this too. Thanks! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is amazing!! Final look turned out unbelievably well x

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look great! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colour combination :) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely colous selection!Ombre nails are my fav this season!

    http://theotherside-bg.blogspot.co.uk/

    xoxo

    Borislava

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it so gonna try this!! x

    www.lovelifeandmakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow you've done it so neatly, it looks great and I like the colours you used!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Follow my Twitter