beauty

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser Review

Monday, October 12, 2015

Hi everyone :)

Today I wanted to introduce you to an amazing product which many people recommend, and I have well and truly jumped on the band wagon. I've been using Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish for about a year but when I went to order a replacement on Feel Unique and they'd sold out, I opted for an alternative. The Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser.


I have read numerous blog posts and reviews about this product, especially by those who suffer with acne and other skin conditions, and they highly sing Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser's praises. It's not comparable in texture to Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish as it's a much runnier, thinner consistency. Also I wouldn't recommend using it alone to remove makeup unless you're willing to double or even triple cleanse because it's removal powers are not the best I've known. However, complaints aside, this product appears to have made big improvements to my skin.

As a sufferer of mild cystic acne, I've tried many different cleansers, skin creams, moisturisers etc in an attempt to help calm my skin. I think the problem has been that I've been trying a little too hard. For someone with a tendency to break out when using too many products I have literally cut back to just using the Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser alone for a while to see how I get on. This way I can see how it affects my skin and then slowly introduce other products back in to see what might be causing me to break out. I have been using this for about 3 weeks now and the affects are already very impressive.

Like I said, I wouldn't advise using this alone to remove makeup. I have been using either a Yes to Cucumber makeup wipe or some Micellar Water to remove the majority of makeup before getting in the shower and using the Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser. I simply apply about two pumps to my hand and massage it into dry skin for a minute or two - since giving my face a little massage in the process can do no harm right? - before either simply rinsing it off, or using a muslin cloth to remove the product. It does not leave my face with any sort of residue or film like some cleansers but furthermore it doesn't leave my skin feelings dry or tight either. It simply feels like it is leaving my skin in a natural state. Since using this product I haven't suffered with any new cystic spots and my skin appears a lot clearer, calmer and more even. I have also been using the product once a week with my Clarisonic as a pose to using an exfoliating cleanser so that I am only sticking to one product. I can strongly recommend using this product with the Clarisonic as it's non drying, non abrasive and spreads around the face really well due to it's thinner consistency.

Overall I am very very pleased with the outcome of Cetaphil's Gentle Skin Cleanser so far and I will happily continue to use it in place of my Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish. It's made a visible change to my skin which makes me feel great and fills me with confidence that it's doing a good job. 

Has anyone else experienced wonderful things with this cleanser?


You Might Also Like

1 comments

Follow my Twitter