hair

Fudge Clean Blonde Review | Kevin Murphy Blonde Angel Review

Wednesday, September 09, 2015

fudge clean blonde violet toning shampoo, kevin murphy blonde angel

Hi everyone,

Since going blonde again in the last few months I've been taking extra care not to let my hair get any unwanted brassy tones. There's nothing better than that fresh blonde look after every wash. In the past I've tried numerous different hair care products specifically for blonde hair and now I can happily share with you my absolute favourite treatments.

Before I go on to review these two lovely products I would like to mention that I only use these products once a week at most as a treatment. The violet toning pigments in these products will leave a purple tinge in your hair if used too often - which is fine if that's what you're aiming for - so it's better to use them every couple of washes as a pose to religiously each time you wash your hair.

Fudge Clean Blonde Violet Toning Shampoo Review

The Fudge Clean Blonde Violet Toning Shampoo is one that I've used before and always find myself coming back to, with good reason. Firstly this shampoo lathers really well but doesn't leave you with that squeaky clean feeling as though it's stripping too much moisture from the hair. I really dislike shampoo's that leave my hair feeling squeaky clean, so this one already has a major advantage over others such as the provoke touch of silver shampoo which I can find quite drying. Unfortunately this shampoo does contain Sodium Laureth Sulphate - which is against my usual nature - however it is jam packed with moisturising goodness such as Keratin, Hydrolysed Silk, Moringa Seed, Wheat Proteins and Guarana. Of all the shampoo's I've ever tried this certainly is one of the most hydrating that I've come across and it smells really sweet and fresh too.

The Fudge Clean Blonde Violet Toning Shampoo is definitely one of the most pigmented shampoo's I've come across and this is partly the reason why I love it. A little really does go a long way because it lathers up so well and gets to work like no other. I have to be quick when using this product as it can stain my hands if I get carried away giving myself a miniature scalp massage. You simply need to apply it to wet hair, lather evenly and leave it for up to five minutes. I would not advise leaving it on for longer than this, there is a time limit for a reason let me make that clear! It will - I repeat, it will - leave your hair purple if it isn't washed off before five minutes has passed. I would recommend leaving it on for a shorter time than five minutes the first time you use it and adjust the time according to your results.

This product does an excellent job of keeping brassy colours from my hair and I will never look any further for a violet toning shampoo. I've never paid more than £10 for this product and for 300ml I think it's really good value. I usually buy this product from either Beauty Bay or Amazon, whichever is cheapest and offering free delivery.

Kevin Murphy Blonde Angel Colour Enhancing Treatment for Blonde Hair Review

I've had my hair gradually lightened twice now and both times my hairdresser has used this product - The Kevin Murphy Blonde Angel Colour Enhancing Treatment for Blonde Hair -  and let me tell you this stuff is so wonderful that I bought it after the first use. It's crammed with softening and moisturising ingredients such as Mango, Shea and Murumuru butters along with oils such as Olive, Linseed, Sunflower and Jojoba. Yes, Wow that's a lot of yummy, scrummy hair loving ingredients. As you can probably imagine, this stuff smells delicious and the scent subtly lingers on your hair after washing.

I don't find this product to be quite as pigmented as the Fudge Clean Blonde Violet Toning Shampoo so I do find it is safe to leave it on for a little longer than the suggested one minute, but again, be very wary of this and test it slowly until you get your desired effect. I usually add this just to the ends of my hair that are blonde and leave it on whilst I wash my face and body. This leaves my hair silky soft, smelling delicious and makes it manageable without tangles. When I've used this product I can comb through my hair so easily and it works like a mask would as well as toning blonde hair.

This treatment is a bit more expensive at around £20 for 250ml however, I would argue that it's worth it. This product can be bought directly from Kevin Murphy or Amazon.


When I use these products in conjunction with each other I get the best results I've ever had. Brassiness is minimal and my hair is in the best condition I've ever had it, even after having it lightened. These two products give me the desired fresh blonde look as well as quenching it's thirst, so my hair never looks dull or lacking moisture.

I would strongly recommend The Fudge Clean Blonde Violet Toning Shampoo and The Kevin Murphy Blonde Angel Colour Enhancing Treatment for Blonde Hair whether they are used separately or in conjunction with each other.

Let me know your thoughts on these two products if you have tried them or tell me your favourite treatments for blonde hair.


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. i just follow your blog<3
    www.beautyisallaround6.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Follow my Twitter