beauty

April Hair & Beauty Favourites | KatieLewLa

Thursday, May 02, 2013

April Hair & Beauty Favourites

Hellooooo lovelies :)

Sooooo sorry that I've been MIA for the past few weeks! I seriously am SO busy at the moment. A quick update, I'm moving house in the next couple of weeks so I'm speedily packing and making sure everything is sorted for the big move! 
(I'm wondering wether to do a moving day post.. What do you think?) 
I've also been bogged down with Uni work and fitting in any extra hours I can at work to make some pennies to spend on homely things. Hope you can understand the reasons behind my lack of writing and stick with me. There will be light at the end of this tunnel I can assure you!

So on with today's post. I'm usually so behind with these posts but I'm on the ball today! I've even been out in the English Sunshine to get snap happy (Yes you better believe it! There is sun)

April Hair & Beauty Favourites

A few months ago I came across the brand Organic Surge (click for link to website) and since then amongst many love filled tweets and instagramming I have absolutely fallen in love with the brand. I was looking for an affordable chemical free range to start a new skin regime and these are my two favourites from the selection that I bought.

This face wash foams really well and works wonders with my clarisonic. It doesn't dry my skin out at all which is often a worry with other face washes. There are no nasty chemical smells, just a fresh sweet scent and it removes makeup to a very satisfactory level for me :) It hasn't broken me out at all and I'm definitely considering repurchasing it. I would say this is suitable for all skin types and certainly leaves my skin feeling clean, refreshed and moisturised as it claims.

Another dreamy product from the range! The thing I love most about their range of moisturisers is that they literally rub right in. I don't know what it is about this moisturiser. I'll be rubbing it in for just a few seconds and all of a sudden its gone, I can no longer rub it in or even feel it on the surface of my skin. It's like pure magic! hehe I also find that it leaves a really matte appearance to my skin after I've applied it, almost like a primer. Anyway, it's wonderful, definitely helps any dry patches and leaves my skin looking glowing the following morning.

April Hair & Beauty Favourites

I'm really into cream blushes at the moment and I find that the topshop ones are particularly good. They leave a lovely dewy glow and have a great colour range. I just adore them and their quirky cute packaging. I've been applying this with my bargain ebay stippling brush which I bought a while ago and didn't like much, but I've since discovered it has a marvellous use for applying cream blush onto the apples of my cheeks! (See the ebay stippling brush here!!)

I bought this bargain mascara when it first arrived on the shelves and it does it's job well. It doesn't clump at all and holds the curl very well. I enjoy using it for every day use although I wouldn't use it at night because I don't find I can layer it up as well as others.

Another mascara that holds curls well and also has lots of little fibres to add length to my lashes. It builds up quite well but is quite a natural looking mascara so again I only use this for everyday use rather than a more dramatic look.

I was kindly sent a sample of this from Janiro a few weeks ago. It arrived in such cute packaging and I couldn't wait to try it! This really is the BEST BB cream I have ever come across. It brightens the skin, has absolutely great buildable coverage and lasts for hours. I can't complain about this little beauty at all. The only problem is I now want to buy the full size 40ml which would set me back £26. Hmm I would say it's worth it though! 

April Hair & Beauty Favourites

How could this not be in my favourites? It was £1.50 and smells absolutely diviiiine. I apply this to the ends of my hair quite often and they feel thoroughly moisturised and I walk around sniffing my hair all day. It can't be doing me any harm so I have no bad word to say about it.

I've raved about this stuff before here because it is just absolutely wonderful. It's the only thing that makes it easy for me to get a comb through my hair when wet and leaves my hair softer than anything else I've ever come across. Enough said!

You know I love a yummy smelling product and this fits the bill! The scent reminds me of cherryade and the reason I love it so much is that it doesn't leave my hair dry and crispy like many mousses. It leaves it soft and manageable yet with more volume. Lovely.

April Hair & Beauty Favourites

Onto the last 2 things!

This was an absolute bargain at £2.60 and it's great. Out of all the graduals tanners I've tried (and thats quite a lot) this smells the least like fake tan. It has a lovely sweet fresh scent and also contains a slight shimmer so it's lovely to apply when you're planning a night out. Also it lingers on your skin for quite a number of days after the last application :) I really like it.

I was send a couple of products from Bionsen a few months ago and I am really impressed by them. All their products are Aluminium and paraben free. I really like this one because it's a spray but like no other. It's not a dry deodorant spray but a wet one (yes you heard me right) haha a wet spray but it dries real quick. It does have quite a strong floral scent but I don't mind it at all because it keeps me fresh and dry all day without any irritation at all.

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. ive got the avon moroccan oil and i live by it! never ever gonna go without this stuff again :)

    gorgeous photography xxx
    www.fashionfumblings.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to try a cream blush, I love the dewy look my current foundation is giving me and think my powder blushers are ruining it slightly..will definatly try it out for summer along with the ebay brush..I love my real techniques one but will give this a try for the blush before I pa out 11pound. Still haven't tried the avon oil! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard so many good things about Topshop makeup but I've never tried it, might start with their blush :-)

    I'm doing a giveaway if you're interested! xo

    http://bigmegowski.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great favourites post! That cream blush is beaut and the brush looks pretty decent too! I've just done my April favourites over on my blog if you're interested! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post lovely, found some products here that I've not heard before. I hope your move goes smoothly, I always get so stressed! xx

    OutsideBeautyInsideHealth

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love organic surge too but haven't tried any of their face products yet. I adore their hand washes!
    I also used to use Bionsen YEARS ago and to be honest, forgot that they existed but after your reminder that they are aluminium free, I will definitely be checking them out again!
    Natalie xoxo
    The Blonde Ethos

    ReplyDelete

Follow my Twitter