lifestyle

17 Nails - Graduation Gift | KatieLewLa

Monday, December 17, 2012

Hellooooo :)

Sorry that I've been absent for a while. I've been completely consumed by uni work. Had deadlines to meet & much reading to do so the blog has taken a bit of a back seat.... but I'm back! I've finished uni til the new year so I have plenty of time (in between christmas celebrations :D) to do some posts for my lovely readers!!

I graduated a few weeks ago! (here's a little pic of the the fantastic four on our day) 

17 Nails - Graduation Gift

Anyway down to the reason for this post....

My brother & his girlfriend bought me a lovely prezzie as a congratulations for graduating :) They know me soooo well because the present was AMAZING!! Loved it!!

17 Nails - Graduation Gift

Its the 17 Nail Clash Complete Collection from Boots!

17 Nails - Graduation Gift

I haven't tried any of the foils or nail art bits yet. I'll be sure to let you know when I do but as I've been super busy & not had much time to do anything fancy to my nails I've been testing a couple of the colours from this set.

17 Nails - Graduation Gift

17 Nails - Graduation Gift

These colours are sooooo shimmery, I'm really really impressed by them. 17 is a really affordable brand made for boots & I would recommend them to anyone who likes to experiment with nail colours but doesn't necessarily want to splash out on higher budget brands.

I kept these colours on for a week & they stayed chip free which really impressed me. They also dry fairly quick which meant I had no smudges or dents (I'm always painting my nails just before work & then end up chipping or smudging them whilst I'm rushing about). Unlike glitter polishes they're super easy to remove but have that same eye catching factor that glitter polishes have. All in all I basically have no complaints about these beauties. They did the job perfectly & I will definitely look at purchasing polishes from this brand again. Looking forward to using the rest of the items in this kit :)

Let me know if you've come across any great 17 polishes....

Hope you enjoy




You Might Also Like

19 comments

  1. Congrats on graduating! I'm graduating in the summer and I've already started planning my outfit lol, following you :)

    http://rrecommends.blogspot.co.uk/

    Rebecca

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My outfit was thrown together last minute hehe it's exciting, make the most of it xxx

      Delete
  2. I have never heard of the brand 17 before. I have to look for it :)
    Oh and congratulations on graduating.
    I really like your blog, do you want to follow each other?

    artofmi3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its exclusive to Boots in the UK I think :S you'll have to have a look online see if you can find it xxx

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on graduating! Your nails looks lovely Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great present, well done on graduating, bet you're relieved its all over!!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know :) they know me and my nail addiction too well lol xxx

      Delete
  5. Such great inspiration to see another blogger in university and working hard.
    I'm currently in my first year.
    Would love to talk to you about all things Uni Related
    Congrats on Graduating
    Kewteepye.blogspot.co.uk
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finished my 3 years of BA hons and am now doing an MA :S asif the first 3 years wasnt enough haha think I was to stay a student forever hehe

      Follow me on twitter I'd love to chat about uni :) xxx

      Delete
  6. Hi! Newest follower here, I found you on the #bbloggers blog hop. Love this set and congratulations on graduating!

    Holly x

    www.impatience-is-a-virtue.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ohh thats good news to know people find me on there :) Thanks very much xxx

      Delete
  7. Oooh that takes me back - the very first nail polishes I ever bought (about 15 years ago) were by 17... These colours are great, so shimmery and festive :) Congrats on graduating - I have a question though, what is a dramatherapist?! PS. You have a new follower xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a form of therapy using drama and the arts to help people express themselves and overcome difficulties etc :) pretty inspiring work to be honest i'm really enjoying it :)

      They are great colours aren't they. xxx

      Delete
  8. Congratulations on your graduation! :D that's a lovely photo of you and your friends :D
    love the nail varnish too, I'm quite the fan of those boxes from boots, I have the eyeshadow one :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great photo which I have framed in my house :) I love this particular box its pretty cool isn't it :) i'll keep my eye out for others now xxx

      Delete
  9. Congratulations on your graduation :D Love this nail set, looks amazing! I'm looking forward to seeing what looks you put together form it :D

    OutsideBeautyInsideHealth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried using the foils around christmas but they were just not working for me :S kept peeling off grrrr lol xxx

      Delete
  10. Congrats on graduating! Must be such a rewarding feeling :)
    Love all the gifts you got!
    Maya
    archistas.com

    ReplyDelete

Follow my Twitter