beauty

Geek Jumper & Boots Beauty Buys | KatieLewLa

Thursday, November 01, 2012


So there seems to be a Geek trend going around at the minute doesn't there? Since I am pretty nerdy myself I figured I'd jump on the bandwagon :)

Bought this from TkMaxx for £14.99 & I think it's super cute & comfy. Definite Uni wear!


tkmaxx clothing geek jumper

Onto beauty products.....

boots beauty products

For a while now I've been on an Anti-heat styling mission... Its been working very well & my hair is growing at a good rate, so I've now weened myself back onto my hair dryer using the lowest setting! I'd ran out of heat protector & quite a few bloggers have mentioned the TRESemme Keratin Smooth range including the heat protection spray which is why I opted for this one.

I'm sure you all know of DizzyBrunette3, her blog is amaaaaaaaziiiiiiing! Anyways, enough love for DizzyBrunette3, the reason I mention her is that I saw on her recent hair care video on youtube (Link Here) she mentioned that she uses this conditioner & as I saw it in Boots super cheap I figured why not give it a go. I always test conditioners on my hand before I buy (naughty), if a conditioner doesn't sink in to your skin well or leaves a greasy residue afterwards then thats more than likely what it is going to do to your hair. This one sank straight into my skin & left it silky smooth in seconds. Can't wait to try it.

Those involved in the #bbloggers chat inspired me to try this. In the general chat last wednesday I asked beauty bloggers what their favourite concealer was as I wanted to try & review something different. The most common answer I got was the Wake Me Up concealer. Since I really like the Wake Me Up foundation from Rimmel I was convinced straight away to try this. I swatched on my wrist and the coverage seemed pretty good & really creamy (similar consistency to lasting perfection). Looking forward to using this.

There we have it. Just wanted to share todays little fashion/beauty buys with you so that I feel it justifies my spending habit. A problem shared is a problem halved right? ;)

Hope you enjoy.



You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. I love that concealer, but I think the ever so famous Collection 2000 one is a little bit better, so try that one next time you're looking for concealer :) The other two products look fab too xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, lasting perfection is better. I just wanted to try something different xx

      Delete
  2. I'm going to have to give your little conditioner trick a try next time I buy a new one. Forever wasting money trying to find a good one, testing a new one tonight infact.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooo which one? I' quite liking the dove one xxx

      Delete
  3. The Geek sweater is amazing!Love TkMaxx...always something interesting to find there!

    xoxo

    Borislava

    http://theotherside-bg.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You just have to be in the mood to route thats all lol xx

      Delete
  4. Very nice haul! I totally
    love your 'Geek' jumper c:
    I hope these hair products
    works well!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Geek jumper! TK Maxx has some great stuff at the moment :-)

    Vanessa x
    www.vanessaeves.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I picked a few bits up but this was my fave xx

      Delete
  6. Lovely blog :) Really like the look of the concealer :)

    Olivia xxx

    http://alllaboutbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is quite good. But not thick enough for me unfortunately. Doesn't cover my dark circles as well as lasting perfection xx

      Delete

Follow my Twitter