beauty

e.l.f. Blush in Blushing Rose Review | KatieLewLa

Monday, October 07, 2013

Helloooo my lovelies :)

A few weeks ago the lovely e.l.f. team were kind enough to offer me the opportunity to try out a few of their products that took my fancy. I've actually never tried anything from e.l.f. before but have heard a lot of great things about them from fellow bloggers. I had a search on their website for some items I might like to try and a few days later I received a nice little package with all the items I'd asked for. Amongst those items was the little gem below which I'm going to do a quick review of....

elf blusher in blushing rose review

I chose this particular colour as it's a darker shade for the autumn/winter months and also has a golden glitter tone to it which immediately caught my eye. Some say it's a good dupe for NARS oasis which is very similar. (not that I'll ever justify parting with that much cash to be able to compare the two). 
The packaging is simple and neat with a handy little mirror for if you're on the go and the price is astounding at just £3.75. First impressions are very very good. Now the first time I used this blusher I made the simple mistake of swishing my blush brush across it far too heavily handed and ended up looking like quite a pilac with ridiculously rosy cheeks. Not a good look! Easily fixed with a lot of buffing, but let's just say I won't be making that mistake again! The blush is so heavily pigmented and easily transferable onto a blush brush that you barely even need to sweep across it. Impressive right? I certainly thought so. I can see this blush lasting me for a very long time as I barely have to use any product. The colour on is a really lovely rosy pink with a gold shimmer, which is perfect for my warmer skin tone. I have been grabbing this every time I've been applying blusher recently and I'm not a massive blusher fan so that says something for me! It lasts well enough for me and I don't find it rubs off too easily. All in all it's quite a winner! I will definitely be purchasing more e.l.f. blushers in the future if this one is anything to go by. I'm sold!!!

Thank you to e.l.f. for helping me discover this little gem of an item :) You can see their great selection of blushers on the website http://eyeslipsface.co.uk/en/restofworld/blush/blush/invt/83130

Anyone else have a love for e.l.f. blushers and what are your favourite shades? (any recommendations for warm skin tones will be greatly appreciated)

Hope you enjoy.


You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. I absolutely love the ELF blushers! I have six in total (including this one!) and they are amazing value for money :)

    Lynsey xx
    allsortsandanecdotes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they just. Looking forward to autumn so I can use these deeper shades again :) x

      Delete
  2. The elf blushers and great, nice range of colours and so pigmented!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a pretty colour too :) may have to treat myself :)

    Jessica-Beautyox.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. the elf blushes are amazing i nearly own them all and plan to complete my collection :) x

    ReplyDelete

Follow my Twitter