beauty

Boots & Lush Beauty Haul | KatieLewLa

Monday, September 02, 2013


Hello there my lovelies :)
I took a trip into town today to buy one thing! ONE THING! Who actually ever goes shopping and comes back with only one beauty product?? Not meeeee. I can't help it. It's like I get sucked in by this vast array of beautiful new, exciting, bargain products. In my defense all the items I bought were on offer and I actually didn't spend a great deal even though it might appear so :)

My skin is having a bad time again at the moment and since Lush's cleansers are pretty much all natural ingredients I thought I'd give one a bash. The sales assistant was most helpful and tested out a few different cleansers on my hands to see which I might be better suited to. Since my skin is quite prone to spots recently we settled on Aqua Marina for it's many spot fighting ingredients such as Kaolin, seaweed, aloe vera and sea salt and also patchouli oil which is a natural ingredient to help protect from scarring. I haven't tried any of the lush cleansers before although I am an avid lush fan.

Since running out of Bioderma I'v been on the hunt for a cheaper alternative. Since many a beauty blogger have mentioned this and with it conveniently being reduced to only £3.33 I thought why the hell not? I've used it once today and so far I'm quite impressed with its capabilities.

A cult product amongst beauty bloggers which is why I can't live without a tube of this miracle concealer. It's my absolute go to for covering pesky under eye circles like mine....

I've seen a few people mention this as being a good alternative for the Pixi Glow Tonic and since I'm a bargain beauty buyer I thought I'd give it a whirl. It was reduced to just over £2 which is an absolute bargain for 250ml

So when wandering through boots I spotted that Lee Stafford had a HUUUUGE offer on 3 for £12 :) I absolutely could not under any circumstance resist this treat. Since 1 of the items I've been lusting over alone is £11.99 I would have been crazy not to take full advantage of this offer.
Lee Stafford Beach Babe Sea Salt Spray
Recently I've been enjoying scrunching my hair on it's 3rd day before washing. I only straighten my hair once on the 1st day so by the 3rd day, although it holds well, my hair does have a slight natural wave to it. I'm embracing the wave recently with dry shampoo and some salt spray and a few people have mentioned their love for this so I figured I'd give it a test :) Watch out for my salt spray waves on instagram on Wednesday!
Lee Stafford here come the curls creme lite
One of my best kept secrets is that I have naturally pretty unruly curls. A few times in the past few weeks I've let my hair air dry into this curly mass of frizzy ringlets and seeing this decided that it might help me to pull off au naturale curls minus the frizz. I'm hoping for miracles :) It claims to be lightweight so doesn't weigh curls down, but rather makes them more bouncy and lively without the frizz. Fingers crossed!
Lee Stafford Hair Growth Leave in Treatment
I am an absolute LOVER of the lee stafford hair growth treatment. I've reviewed it previously (here) and have recently rediscovered that I can't live without it so when I saw that they also offered a leave in treatment from the range I just HAD to snap it up! If it's anywhere near as good as the treatment then I'm sold and will re-purchase it forever! Enough said! hehe.


You Might Also Like

18 comments

  1. I've wanted to try Lee Stafford for ages now, there's quite a few different ranges but I think the argan oil would be my first point of call.

    Everyone has to have a tube of that concealer! :)

    Amy x
    -A Little Boat Sailing-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes they do, and still nothing replaces it for me! Good old collection concealer ay! X

      Delete
  2. I've never tried aqua marina before but i do love lush cleansers ultrabland is my holy grail product! I'm also dying to get my hands on loreals miccelar solution i've been seeing it everywhere lately! xx

    An Uninventive Name

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would definitely like to try that Loreal Micellar Water! And the Botanics toner sounds good too... I also find the staff in Lush really helpful, I love going in there :) Great post! x

    http://daniellabeautyjunkie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah me too, they're always so enthusiastic about the products, but then so would I be if I worked there because they're lovely :) X

      Delete
  4. i absolutely love lee stafford products, especially the dry shampoois aaamazing:)
    you're such a lucky girl to get such a great deal! i'd love to try out the sea salt spray:) sounds interesting!

    lots of love xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmm interesting, I've never tried the dry shampoo. I've never really steered away from Batiste because it does the job for me! X

      Delete
  5. I love LUSH products. I went to a blogger event a few months back and we got to make our own lip scrub. Not going to lie, it tastes pretty fab haha

    Luc xx

    www.love-luc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha that's the problem with the lip scrubs, I think I only use them because they taste good! X

      Delete
  6. The collection concealer is truely amazing, I remember first trying it and thinking that all the rave about it was right.

    http://welldressed25.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've honestly tried so many alternatives but ALWAYS come back to this one :) x

      Delete
  7. Lovely haul!! :D Have you tried Lush's Sea Spray hair mist? I love that stuff!
    I just found your blog and am a new follower! :D
    www.artevolve.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I haven't, I'm happy with the one I use but maybe when I run out I'll try this one. Thanks X

      Delete
  8. The are some great products! Wonderful post!

    Lauren,
    http://atouchofsoutherngrace.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the L'oreal Micellar water! Great haul :)

    Claudia
    TITLE

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love using the Collection concealer! Works really well Xx

    ReplyDelete

Follow my Twitter